This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression Problem/ BBC Life

I have been trying to back up the BBC Life series and I'm not getting any compression even though I've selected BD25. After analyzing, the process says "Cannot compress interleaved source for now, output size will be same as source size." I am using all the default settings (except BD25) and this is the first backup that I have run into this problem. Am I doing something wrong?

no you are not doing something wrong as it just like the message says DVDFab Cannot compress interleaved source at this time. This has been mentioned in other threads as well and has been said it being worked on

EDIT: Read the link below especially post#6

Last edited by AGJ; 07-05-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I am new to the DVDFab forums so please pardon me for not knowing all the has been previously addressed.

Comment

That alright and the reason why I edited my post with the link to the response from the developer

Comment

Do you have any suggestions on this matter? It appears, from the info from your link, that this has been something being worked on for a while. I've never tried to split a rip to 2 discs (BD25's) but if this is possible it is still cheaper than buying blank BD50's.
          Last edited by jimp124; 07-05-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Don't know where you got September of 2009 from that link I supplied as it was started June 24, 2010 and the reply from the Archetect was June 25, 2010. I'm not really sure about split option so would probably have to wait for someone who actually does Blu-ray all the time

Comment

Sorry about that date, I was looking at the Join date in the upper right corner (see, told you I was new!) then later realized what I did and tried to edit it - not in time I guess. Thanks for all your help - I'm going to try and split the discs by chapter and see if I have any luck with that.

Comment

OK and let us know if it works. Also do not burn to a blank BD just save to computer and use the computer to play back the file to see if it worked correctly or unless you have a couple BD-RE (rewritable) media handy you could burn to them

Comment

Splitting by chapters worked fine. There were 19 chapters on the first disc and I split it to 10 and 9. Although after playing the 1st 10 chapters it ends abruptly and then restarts from chapter 1, it's good as long as you expect it. Putting in the second disc simply picks up where the first one left off - right at chapter 11. Although this turned out to be a very nice TEMPORARY solution, I look forward to seeing the interleave problem fixed.

Comment

Well glad you got it done and I'm sure the interleave support will be done soon. Well Hopefully it will be as a few Blu-rays are interleaved

Comment

Working...
                    X