This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Audio Only

I tried to backup Surrogates. I specifically chose English and unchecked all other boxes. When I try to play the file it is in French only.

Also problems purchasing. I choose what I want and hit continue but nothing ever happens. Tried IE8 and Firefox both with the same results.

Originally posted by Vegemeister View Post
    I tried to backup Surrogates. I specifically chose English and unchecked all other boxes. When I try to play the file it is in French only.

Also problems purchasing. I choose what I want and hit continue but nothing ever happens. Tried IE8 and Firefox both with the same results.
    I would try selecting all language tracks when you back it up and see if you're able to select the English track from within your player. Its possible that its telling you the wrong language, so you might have to figure out which one is the right one.

As for the purchase issue, the site might be having issues. Try again in a couple hours or something and if you're still having issues let us know. Good luck.

Edit: Just as an afterthought, if I were you I would rip the whole disc to your hard drive first, not taking anything out and not compressing. That way you have something to fall back to if it selects the wrong language track and you can try it again. I just stuck my copy of Surrogates in and I'm seeing 4 audio tracks: English DTS-HD Master Audio, French AC-3/5.1, Spanish AC-3/5.1, and English AC-3/2. I'm guessing that you're trying to keep the Master Audio track, you could try selecting both English tracks to see the result also.
    Last edited by Racem22; 07-08-2010, 05:28 AM. Reason: Extra Info
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Hmm pretty strange. I ripped my copy of Surrogates to see if I could reproduce your issue. I did main movie only with English DTS-HD audio and English subtitles. When it was done, I stuck the folder structure into ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre and it wouldn't open it and crashed TMT. So I opened MPC-Home Cinema and tried to play back the Index.BDMV file(which will play the whole movie) and it errored with "Cannot Render The File". Then I tried playing back the main M2TS and it did the same thing. Oh well, I've already backed up this disc so I don't really need it again, I just won't be able to reproduce your issue.
      SPECS
      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

This is the error I get when trying to purchase.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
        Timestamp: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:19:12 UTC

Line: 384
        Char: 1
        Code: 0
        URI: http://dvdfab.net/en/order.htm?pid=blu-ray-to-blu-ray

Comment

I originally tried the "Movie Only" option on Surrogates choosing only the [2] English tracks. I then had to navigate PowerDVD to the Streaming folder and choose the file in there to play the movie. The movie did play, looked great but was in French.

I will try just ripping the whole thing this evening and see if I have any different results.

Comment

I got same experience rip BD to main movies by default setting, apply to The Soloist, The International, etc.
            I did check all languages audio but finally with Japanese and director cut available only which located in audio channel 4 & 5 out of 1-5. Nothing available in 1-3.
            I did try ripped by different kind of sw but unlucky with same issues. Don't know why?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemeister View Post
              I originally tried the "Movie Only" option on Surrogates choosing only the [2] English tracks. I then had to navigate PowerDVD to the Streaming folder and choose the file in there to play the movie. The movie did play, looked great but was in French.

I will try just ripping the whole thing this evening and see if I have any different results.
              Another thing, with PowerDVD, it doesn't support playback of the blu ray folder, only if you create an iso and mount it with a tool like DVDFab Virtual Drive(its free). There are other players that support blu ray folder playback like TotalMedia Theatre(not free) and MPC-Home Cinema(free). I would highly suggest that you either create a blu ray iso and mount it to play back in PowerDVD or try one of the above players because playing back just the main m2ts file is going to give you problems. I believe that it also won't decode the audio properly if you do it that way. I don't think thats your problem because as you say you chose just the english tracks but its something you should do nonetheless.
              SPECS

Comment

Still French Only

I ripped the whole Blu-ray.

All of the sub features are in English but the movie only plays in French.

Comment

Ok are you playing back the whole folder or just the .m2ts file?
                  SPECS

Comment

Working...
                  X