This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl w Dragon Tattoo ... no audio, no subtitles

OK, i know it's Swedish but i'd still like to hear what's being said instead of silence. Kinda need the English subtitles, too.

Hi p2nenga,

Do you backup to BD25 or BD5/BD9?

How do you play the backup?

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

"Girl...Tattoo" is a single-layer disc. No audio or subtitles are shown by DVDfab when attempting main-title-only, and indeed none are extracted. Using tsMuxer to open the extracted playlist, there is only the video stream and nothing else. If I do a whole disc copy, and search for the main-title playlist, the same result is video only and no audio or subtitles.

Oddly, none of the above is true for the remaining small videos on this disc, previews of other movies, etc. DVDfab shows these have audio and subtitles, and tsMuxer confirms these get extracted.

I think this was very clever of them, to encrypt the audio and subtitle streams so effectively. Hope DVDfab can become equally clever!

Comment

There is no way to hide audio/subtitle stream in playlist, I think the disc has authoring problem.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

That may be. My Panasonic DMP-BD60 plays the original just fine, so the limited evidence indicates the problem lies in DVDfab. I'll have Netflix send another disc to verify.

Comment

Please read the rules of this forum that you agreed to upon joining.

Discussion on copying rental titles is prohibited.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Please re-read my post carefully and literally. I made no such discussion, you have inferred it.

Comment

Originally posted by p2nenga View Post
                I'll have Netflix send another disc to verify.
                So this does not indicate rental? B/S !!!!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Of course that does. And i will use DVDfab to verify if it shows any audio or subtitle tracks, instead of blank boxes like it does with my purchased copy of "Girl..." There is no copying expressed nor planned. Nor am I gonna buy another copy of "Girl..." just to satisfy fengtao on this issue.

Comment

Thread closed

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

Comment

@p2nenga

As you might think it is unfair that your thread got closed:

1) The rental discs for many if not most major movie releases are pressed specially for Netflix and are often authored differently. So your test of "another" disc would not really prove anything (unless your first disc was a rental too).

2) Any reference to rental and DVDFab is going to get your thread shutdown. It is not an association that we wish to have on the forums. Please respect that in any future postings.

Comment

Working...
                      X