This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to find verification

can anyone running an i7 920/930 cpu tell me if dvdfab maxes all 4 cores when decoding/encoding?

also id like to verify that if you run the same cpu with hyperthreading, does it max out all 8 threads?.

thanks.

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
    can anyone running an i7 920/930 cpu tell me if dvdfab maxes all 4 cores when decoding/encoding?

also id like to verify that if you run the same cpu with hyperthreading, does it max out all 8 threads?.

thanks.
    Hi,

I am happy to tell you if you could please enlighten me as to how tell what each core is doing and how to `enable' hyperthreading and tell what the threads are doing.

Sorry if I show my ignorance but I have an i7/930 and am happy to assist...

Mick

Comment

Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and start Task Manager and go the the performance tab.

HT is usually set up in the bios.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

or just hit ctrl shift esc look at the cpu usage. and than to the right it shows all your threads.

also, when MB/s average are you getting?

i am working on a new 980x with 6 cores and i want to know if dvdfab can use its full potential.
        Last edited by thisizbrian; 07-11-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

My 920 uses all 4 cores/8 threads at 99% for the duration of Blu-ray compression. I get around 5-6Mb/s for a rate but I have an ATI video card, so I don't get any help from my GPU. The 3.6Ghz overclock helps I'm sure.

Comment

thanks leeb it really helps!

Comment

Ok, for the test I am doing a FULL Disk compression of AVATAR down to 25GB 1080p.

CPU is near the top end on all ranges from about 70-100%.. (the 3rd one stays around 50%=60%) total overall CPU usage fluctuates but is around 75% average.

MB/S is 5.5 -5.7 but that is with a 9600GT cards as my GTX260 is in for warranty repair..See pic attached

Is that what you want?

Regards,

M<ick
              Attached Files

Comment

cool. i ran a test with i7 920@ 3.8 ghz HT enabled. got max of 8.6 MB/s on we were soldiers.

cuda was using a gtx 295

Comment

Working...
                X