X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

analyzing forever

I put the following disc into my bluray drive,

star trek The original series season 1 disk 7

dvdfab recognized the disc, and started the analysis.

after 17 minutes I cancelled it.

this is happening on 7.0.8 but it also happened on 7.0.7.9b.

I am including the logs created.

I had no problems with disks 1 thru 6. I have also put in disk 1
    from season 2 it took less than 2 minutes to analyze and be ready to backup
    Attached Files

Congrats, you've got a bad disc. You can try to clean it, polish it, spit on it and wipe, whatever else will come to mind, but most likely - take it back to the counter for an exchange.

Originally posted by pilot57 View Post
    I put the following disc into my bluray drive,

star trek The original series season 1 disk 7

dvdfab recognized the disc, and started the analysis.

after 17 minutes I cancelled it.

this is happening on 7.0.8 but it also happened on 7.0.7.9b.

I am including the logs created.

I had no problems with disks 1 thru 6. I have also put in disk 1
    from season 2 it took less than 2 minutes to analyze and be ready to backup
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I appreciate the response, but it doesn't make sense as the disc plays fine when viewing the episodes on the computer using powerdvd
      and it also plays fine on the stand-alone blu-ray player.

Comment

No offense Ipopov but Pilot has been having troubles with Star Trek S1 that have been fixed with new betas. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5539
        Pilot can jump on here and corret me if I'm wrong. I know you guys have lots of posts ths you have to look through but I guess those of who have had problems that were fixed in betas still have the memory a little fresher in our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
          No offense Ipopov but Pilot has been having troubles with Star Trek S1 that have been fixed with new betas. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5539
          Pilot can jump on here and corret me if I'm wrong. I know you guys have lots of posts ths you have to look through but I guess those of who have had problems that were fixed in betas still have the memory a little fresher in our minds.
          DharmaBummed69,
          you are correct, we are going through a mass load of posts and problems which helps to differentiate the root of the problem with high probability almost instantly.
          Again, you are correct, there were problems with this particular title, but if you go back and read those complaints again, you will see a slight difference.
          In general, it's a bit disappointing that you have being around for quite some time and didn't catch the principal mistake - in most cases, two problems two users are having with same title ARE NOT THE SAME PROBLEMS. Anyway, thanks for your comment.

@pilot57
          If you have one disc out of whole pack that you have problem with, that's a bad disc, most likely bad press. Exchange is a cure.
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Ipopov50,
            thanks for the response, I guess I will not back up that disk.

Comment

Ipopov50,
              thanks for the response, I guess I will not back up that disk.
              What's the problem with exchanging it????
              sigpic

Comment

my friend gave me the 7 disc set as a gift over a year ago. no receipt anymore and past the point of the return policy. i am still confused as to why I can view the disc but dvdfab cannot open it.

Comment

my friend gave me the 7 disc set as a gift over a year ago. no receipt anymore and past the point of the return policy. i am still confused as to why I can view the disc but dvdfab cannot open it.
                  Because DVDFab (like any other copying software) have very strict reading rules, when players' skipping rules are very loose. In other words, DVDFab needs to see every bit of a content, while player skips bad parts without hesitation. I hope it make sense.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know they are 2 different problems but the Star Trek S1 set seems to have been very problematic. He was having a probelm with Disc 1 and Feng Tao left him a message to try the new beta and Pilot hasn't mentioned it since so I'm guessing the beta fixed him up. And after 7.0.7.9b I can say that sometimes problems do pop up after a certain release that were not there before. Don't get me wrong I'm not getting down on you guys . I know that writing code can be a long and tedious task and it doesn't take but a accidental wrong string or character to F up the deal and having to go back and check it can be even less fun. Only bring up after having Alice in Wonderland working in one version only to have it snatched away in the next.
                    Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 07-15-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                      ... Feng Tao left him a message to try the new beta and Pilot hasn't mentioned it since so I'm guessing the beta fixed him up...
                      Please read his OP again:

"this is happening on 7.0.8 but it also happened on 7.0.7.9b."
                      sigpic

Comment

My response that you quoted was for Disc 1 which is the post I linked from Pilot regarding V7.5.5.0b which is the beta I was refering to for Disc 1. He's now talking about Disc 7 for 7.0.7.9b and 7.0.8.0. The OP didn't correct me as I asked in my post if I was getting it wrong that his problem with Disc 1 was fixed in the new beta that Feng Tao suggested in the previous post of his I linked in this post. I was guessing that his previous problem with Disc 1 was fixed with the new betat(after V7.5.5.0) since he isn't still posting about Disc 1 not working and is now posting about Disc 7. You misquoted me and I think you need to re-read post also respectfully. Once again if I'm wrong on that Pilot57 please correct me.
                        Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 07-18-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

all my problems were solved with 7.0.79b except for disc 7 which appears to just be a slightly bad disc

Comment

Working...
                          X