This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Godfather - No forced captions!

Hi everyone. I am having trouble ripping the Bluray version of The Godfather. When I play the movie back I see no captions for the sections of the movie when they are speaking Italian. I have tried the method of selecting the forced subtitle option and selecting it to be the primary subtitle option, but it still doesn't work. When I watch the preview in DVDFab the captions are seen at the correct times, but the final rip does not show them. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Originally posted by Big Talker View Post
    Hi everyone. I am having trouble ripping the Bluray version of The Godfather. When I play the movie back I see no captions for the sections of the movie when they are speaking Italian. I have tried the method of selecting the forced subtitle option and selecting it to be the primary subtitle option, but it still doesn't work. When I watch the preview in DVDFab the captions are seen at the correct times, but the final rip does not show them. Any ideas how to fix this issue?
    If you seeing subs in preview and you've done all as you said, I bet subs are there, it just your player can't read/display them properly. What player do you use? please check if your players supports the format your subs are coded in. These tools will help you to sort it out:
    MediaInfo. It's free and you can get it here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MediaInfo

Media Player Classic you can get here: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downlo...lassic-hc.html

Please let me know how it goes.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried using Cyberlink PowerDVD10, Windows Media Player and Total Media Theater 3 to play the file, and no luck. I also just downloaded the Media Player Classic and that did not work either.
      When I examine the file with MediaInfo, under text it says "1 Text Stream: PGS."

It also says:

Text
      ID : 4608 (0x1200)
      Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
      Format : PGS

I don't know if that helps...

Comment

Never mind! I was finally able to see the captions using the media player classic (I had to enable them - duh). Thanks so much for your help - that was driving me crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Talker View Post
          Never mind! I was finally able to see the captions using the media player classic (I had to enable them - duh). Thanks so much for your help - that was driving me crazy!
          Glad it worked out for you.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
          X