This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Disney's UP

I've been working with the BluRay module just to rip the main titles (no compression) of my BD's to a HDD for playback on my media player. v7.0.8.0 has worked perfectly in my setup for titles like Avatar, StarTrek & The Dark Knight.

The BluRay of "UP" (region A, US; I bought the combo pack with BD and DVD) seems to be a problem. First off v7.0.8.0 would not do a full disk rip (not that I really wanted to, just testing). Then when I went to rip the main title it listed 3 (100, 102, 103) with HD audio tracks. So I ripped all three to compare. Unlike all the other BD's I've ripped to date, the main title of UP seems to be authored as 20 separate .m2ts files. The difference between titles 100,102,103 is that half of the .m2ts files are common between the 3 titles and the other half are different.

The problem is, all 3 stop after 54 min of playback. Does anyone know what's wrong? Does anyone know which is the preferred title?
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

V7082 has just been released .. Try it.

Comment

Originally posted by kelson View Post
      The difference between titles 100,102,103 is that half of the .m2ts files are common between the 3 titles and the other half are different.

The problem is, all 3 stop after 54 min of playback. Does anyone know what's wrong? Does anyone know which is the preferred title?
      There is significant difference between those titles, i.e. in a beginning of the movie, when they telling the story of that explorer, they shows newspapers headlines, etc. If you look at them closely, you'll see that in one title they are in english, in another - in french, and third one - in spanish. So, all three titles are sharing common pieces (m2ts) and parts where such differences occurred, titles having different m2ts files. Make sense?
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        V7082 has just been released .. Try it.

Thank you. I'll try it tonight and see what happens. The title rip seems to work OK with 7.0.8.0 and all the .m2ts files are there. It's just that it won't play to completion.

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        There is significant difference between those titles, i.e. in a beginning of the movie, when they telling the story of that explorer, they shows newspapers headlines, etc. If you look at them closely, you'll see that in one title they are in english, in another - in french, and third one - in spanish. So, all three titles are sharing common pieces (m2ts) and parts where such differences occurred, titles having different m2ts files. Make sense?
        Yes, as I was viewing the specific .m2ts files that were different across the versions, I observed that. The differing .m2ts files across the titles had to do with scenes that contained written text of one form or another. Title 100 was English text, 102 was Spanish text and 103 was French text. So at least I know when I try to re-rip with v7082 I only need to chase after title 100.

Comment

Well, v7.0.8.0 doesn't do any better. When playback is started it only plays the first .m2ts file in the set then quits.

Question: When I select the title I want to rip, that "scanning" bar appears at the bottom of the window and starts to run, even though I'm not doing any compression. I notice I can click "next" and go on to do the rip without having to wait for the scan to finish and that has been fine for all my other rips. In this case for UP I waited patiently for it to finish whatever it is doing before I continued on with the rip. It made no difference.

What exactly is that "scan" for. It's purpose is not enumerated in the on-line help file. Is it critical to let it finish before doing a title rip without compression?

Comment

I have a similar problems with Up. It stops compressing at 3 percent. Like Star Trek, I tried 2 different Up discs. They both stopped at 3 percent. I tried using AnyDvd (burning to HD, then using DVDFab to burn, but this didn't work either. I am presently trying to burn Up again with 7080 released yesterday.

Comment

I backed this movie up with no problems. My log says I used V6.2.2.0 when I did it. You might try this version if your doing a Full Disc BD-50 back up.

Comment

Working...
              X