This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process Failed

I have just tried the new release and got a process failed message after having run for approx 5 hours 11 minutes

I was doing a compress bluray back up to 25g of a Star Trek TOS season 2 Disc 3

I am inlcuding the logs.
    Attached Files

I would suggest to use ImgBurn burning engine instead of VSO. You can learn how from here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12
    and try again.
    Do you still have temp file? if so, you can use ImgBurn stand along to burn it on your disc.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

what you suggest would work if I was actually using dvdfab to burn the image, I am compressing it to an iso on my hard disk. the process failed with about 30% left to go in the compression/backup phase. once I have the iso's I use roxio to burn the image which works perfectly. the previous disk, season 2 disc 2 I backed up using 7.0.8.0 that worked fine.

Comment

Bingo. Roxio is a key word. If you try to search for it on this forum you will find a lot of cases of DVDFab being corrupted by Roxio, especially filters.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

The logic behind your last post makes no sense. I have roxio, nero and Imgburn on my computer. depending on what I need they all have different strengths. I had dvdfab 7.0.8.0 on my computer, I backed up several of the star trek TOS season 1 and 2 discs with no issues. (other than s1d7) which you helped me determine was a bad disc.

I had roxio on the machine at that time. I have not reinstalled any software.
          on sunday am, I backed up season 2 disc 2 using 7.0.8.0 to an ISO - no issues. I then installed dvdfab 7.0.8.2 and started a backup of season 2 disc 3 to an ISO, after over 5 hours I got the process failed message.
          the only variable here is the new release of dvdfab.

Please help!

Comment

Roxio, Nero and other burn programs install packet writing on computer and can cause issues right away or over time. Not sure if that is problem but could be but would not know until you post a filter list. To post filter list you can use imgburn if you not have imgburn installed you can download it and install it free. Then with ImgBurn open click tools and select Filter drive load order and click copy to clipboard. then in a post reply you right click mouse and select paste to past the filters.

Comment

I will post the filter list when I get home from work tonight. Still, I do not see how something can affect a new piece of software "over time"

AGJ, I am not trying to be difficult, but I am IT professional with 31 years of programming background in assembler, cobol, pl/1, vb, java, asp, etc.

from a programming point of view, how can the filters change the results if the only change from backup to another is the dvdfab software.
              btw, I am going to uninstall 7.0.8.2 tonight and reinstall 7.0.8.0 and try the same disc to see what happens.

Comment

DVD copy programs are totally different than those programs and filters that affect your DVD drive/burner will cause problems with certain DVD copy programs and DVDFab is one of them. Like I said Nero has the packet writing filter called InCD, Roxio has another but not remember the name. Those programs work because they come with it and are developed to work with it but anything that will interfere with DVDfab accessing the DVD drive will cause issues

Also could be a bad Blu-ray and I not know what you can use to find out if it is or not as I am just starting out with Blu-ray and still learning about it
                Last edited by AGJ; 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

AGJ,

I understand all that, but given a single day and only change is dvdfab why would the roxio filter "all of a sudden" cause a problem. especially if I have had roxio and nero on the computer since the version 6 days.

Comment

not sure but when I first got a computer I had a lot of junk already installed by default as that what came on it. When I first started using DVDFab V3 days it worked fine for awhile but after time I would get coasters. I tried different brands and still I would get coasters not all the time but every now and then. Once I figured out that filters caused problems I removed the programs and filters and have not had any coasters unless I burned too fast. I have now switched to the best of the best for DVD blank media and never get coasters and burn at max speed as well for the media I use.

Not sure if this affects Blu-ray but it might just never know unless someone else posts to say or not

Comment

I burn at max speed for my dvd's as well, and use normal discs, I don't go for any special discs. with bluray, I was getting coasters for awhile (bd50-bd25 compression) until 7.0.7.8b came out then everything starting working. for the main movie option, i never had a problem. again, the backup process was working fine in 7.0.79b, 7.0.8.0, until I installed 7.0.8.2, that is when the process failed started.

Comment

I'm just sticking my nose in quickly here...apologies if you've already addressed this and for not reading through all the logs ...
                        Are you compressing during the rip to the hdd? or compressing from the non-compressed files already on your hdd?

I would recommend the latter. While it creates an extra step, there's less predisposition for errors. Saves on your ODD too.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

maineman,

no worries, I will take any input I can get. as for your question, I have actually done both. I have a dell xps 9000 pc with an intel i7 quad core cpu and 9 gig of memory, and 3.5 terrabytes of disc space across 3 drives. I am not really concerned r/w usage. the temp files go to c: and the ISO goes to d:

what really concerns me is that when I installed 7.0.8.2 the software stopped working properly and the other moderators are telling me it is something else on the pc that hasn't changed at all

I am quite sure that once Fengtao takes a look at the logs (by the way, I have already noticed at least one other thread for 7..0.8.2 where they are getting a process failed message probably not the exact same error as the one I am getting but still an error) he will fix it fairly quickly.

I have been a user of this software for a very long time.

Comment

I uninstalled 7.0.8.2 and then reinstalled 7.0.8.0, the interesting thing is that the backup failed on the same disk season 2 disc 3 and in exactly the same spot on file

processing source(00033.m2ts)

however, it gave me an error that the newer version of the software did not.

320m 31.83s: filter(13): the video frame mux index(1->0) is not correct.

then the error

320m 34.97s: blu-ray full disc 504.00 0 filter(type2:id1), info = 502.04 7 706 13,

I have attached the new logs.
                            since I was able to backup season 2 disc 1 and 2 with 7.0.8.0 and it failed on disc 3. I do not think it is 7.0.8.2 that is causing the problem, but something on the disc that is the problem. hopefully the better error message from this test will help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

with 7.0.8.2 installed I have skipped over season 2 disc 3 and tried disc 4. it worked fine. so the other software I have on the computer is not the culprit nor is it the filters on my drives, nor is it the HDD. I believe now that the disc itself is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X