This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media inserted in driveD: is double layer

I tried to copy Casablanca, which is 23gb and will fit on a BD25 without compression or any tricks. I managed a work around, but I got this popup window, no error #:

Media inserted in driveD: is double layer, but the output only need single layer media. Do you want to continue writing?

I am not using double layer media. I do have a dual layer writer. I told it I wanted it to continue to write, it then would say DVD failed. I didn't want to ruin another BD25 to get the exact fail message, other than it did say, DVD failed. DVD?

I closed everything and then used the folder on my hdd as the source. That worked for full disk copy. Anyway, any ideas on why it would id my BD25's as dual layer? (cripes dual layer BD's cost an arm and a leg)

Did you have BD25 selected for output? And its possible that it was above the maximum amount of space on a single layer disc, which Windows says is about 23.3 gb. Its also possible that your key isn't registered properly, in which case you wouldn't be able to compress because the free version isn't able to do that.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
      If this happens with all discs or just one
      Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
      If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
      If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
      If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

I sometimes get this. When I do my test burn with the RW its fine. Then when I burn again I get the double layer thing. I've always just said yes and it burns fine. I use LTH so I assumed that's what confused the program. Not sure if it still does it since I just now go straight to IMG burn for writing the iso to disc. Try that. Create ISO then go straight to IMG and write image to disc.

Comment

I just press ok and it comes out just fine /shrug

Comment

Working...
          X