X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning BR disk stops Drive disappears from DVDfab

Hello all,

I have used DVDfab for quite a while now, I love this program and have purchased dvd to dvd and blu to blu. I have come across a very strange problem. After inserting the blu ray disk, DVDfab starts the standard reading disk progress bar. The progress bar gets about 50% done and then disappears, at the same time the Blu-Ray drive at the top of the DVDfab window also disappears. If yo close and reopen DVDfab it will attempt to rescan the dvd but the same thing happens again. If you go to browse to the disk with the folder icon you can still see the BR drive. If you try to rip the disk using main movie and the point it to the BR folder stucture you get an error 401.
    I have tried it with both Transformers and Star Trek, both do the dame thing. The logs show no errors unless you try to force a rip using the file browse method.
    I have a Samsung SH-B083L (Tried both SB00 and SB01 firmware.), I have tried the same drive in a windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit computer and a windows XP64-bit. They both OSes are fully patched. If you go into the info menu on the DVDfab settings area, it says disc not opened.
    Please let me know what other information you need?
    Any Ideas?

Thank You,
    Harq

Please post the internal and the process logs which located in Documents-DVDFab-logs

Comment

Seems like disc does not open.

Sorry for the late reply.
      Also please let me know any other troubleshooting you would like me to perform.
      I am including the logs but they show almost nothing because it just stops opening the disc. I have tried star trek and transformers, both just quit. I have also tried the new DVDfab beta version 7085, and i went out and purchased another blu ray drive to test. I have tested this on 2 different computers with 2 different blue ray drives. One computer is windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. The other is windows xp 64-bit. The blue ray drives are a Samsung SH-B083L and a LG BD-RE BH10LS30.

When you insert the disk the blue bar starts progressing gets about half way and then stops and disappears. When it does this the Blu ray drive also disappears from the main Source window and it only shows "Please Insert Blu-Ray folder/image file" You can no longer select the drive in the Source text box on the main window.
      If you force it to scan the disc by going to the folder and choosing the blu ray drive letter, it will attempt to rip the disc. It will only go a short time and then fail with a "401" error.
      If you go to Common settings (settings) window, and click on info it says this :

Info for drive [H:\] (DVDFab 7.0.8.5)
      Drive region: 1

Disc is not opened.

This is all it shows. It never gets far enough under default settings to attempt a rip.

DVDFab 7.0.8.5 (2010/07/27 23:23:53)

0m 00.51s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 03.47s: detected blu-ray
      0m 05.74s: drive H
      0m 05.74s: volume label STARTREK11D1AC
      0m 05.77s: detected blu-ray
      0m 05.77s: drive H
      0m 05.77s: volume label STARTREK11D1AC
      0m 13.99s: root 8CBFE8150F9497C7_VOLUME_SET_ID:STARTREK11D1AC:STAR TREK11D1AC:STARTREK11D1AC
      0m 14.46s: bdav 0 aacs 1 bd+ 0
      0m 15.03s: got discinfo
      0m 15.10s: got bdmv
      0m 15.11s: got agid
      0m 15.13s: sent host cert chal
      0m 15.13s: got drive cert chal
      0m 15.16s: got drive key
      0m 15.16s: got host key signature
      0m 15.16s: verified drive signature
      0m 15.17s: verified host signature
      0m 15.21s: sent host signature and key point
      0m 15.21s: got bus key
      0m 15.21s: got volume id
      0m 15.21s: got volume id mac
      0m 15.21s: volume id is correct
      0m 15.21s: got vid
      0m 15.25s: blu-ray D7F4F568700EE843F32724E9A8295C1285D8450D

Comment

can you try right clicking the DVDFab desktop icon and select run as Administrator to see if that will work for you. As for the logs I asked for them because if the developers read this thread the logs would be helpful for them to see the problem

Comment

Running as administrator does not work.

Thanks for the quick reply AGJ,

Just tried running as administrator on my windows 7 machine. Same issue. Starts opening disk and then stops half way through. Drive disappears in source text box.
          I also have a similar setup on a windows XP64 machine. I am admin on that computer which does not need the run as admin, and same thing happens.

Let me know any other troubleshooting stuff i can do.
          The logs dont offer much cause it does not even open the disc it seems.
          Maybe some debug logging or something?

Comment

actually even if you are admin on computer you not have full admin rights which is why I mentioned to try running as admin. Have you tried uninstalling the Blu-ray drive and then restart computer to let windows install again to see if that would fix the problem. To do that you need to go to Device Manager-DVD/CD-ROM drives and right click the DVD drive and in the pop up select properties. Then select Drive and then click Uninstall and OK. exit all windows and reboot computer

Comment

Tried Removing drive from device manager.

Removed drive on both windows 7 computer and windows xp64 computer, then rebooted. Still same issue. DVDfab tries to open the disc and gets about half way done then the progress bar and drive disappear.

Any other troubleshooting?

Comment

I am still trying to figure out why DVDfab is failing me. When the disc is inserted it seems like it cannot open the disc. I did manage tonight to do a direct rip by pointing it blindly at the Blu ray drive, i could only make it work if i did BD50. It said it ripped the disc, but the iso image will not play. The file is no good.
                Again when you insert the disc, It tries to open it then fails and the drive disappears from the source option in the dvd fab window.
                I have tried to figure this out with multiple settings and multiple drives, but to no avail.
                Does anyone have some ideas?

Comment

Working...
                X