Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DVDfab blu-ray remove menu lockouts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can DVDfab blu-ray remove menu lockouts?

Using version 7.0.7

I've been using the blu-ray feature to copy to my hard drive and occasionally will back-up to disc. The problem as you may have guessed is that the menu lockouts are still in place from the original disc, such as those stupid features and previews they make you sit through.

Yes I could easily just tell DVDfab to only burn the main movie, thereby avoiding this problem but sometimes I want the full contents burned. In my DVDfab setup under Protection/Blu-ray I have everything checked for removal. Is there something else in DVDfab that will remove these lockouts that I may have missed?

No one? Surely I can't be the only person who has noticed this. I use dvdfab to copy to the hard disk; during the copy to hard disk I have every item checked in the blu-ray protection folder, including remove UOPs. Yet when I back up the final image to a blank BD, it still tells me operation prohibited when I try to skip straight to the main menu.

Comment

The problem is some discs work and some discs don't. Also sometimes if you disable the UOPs it will lead your player to a dead end, in which it will crash it. So I always just leave it unchecked.
      SPECS
      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
      X