Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to prep and clean a computer for DVDFab BD to BD use? (tutorials?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prep and clean a computer for DVDFab BD to BD use? (tutorials?)

I have experienced various levels of instability with BD to BD mode (I have never experienced any instability with DVD to DVD mode). Part of this BD to BD instability may be the "experimental" nature of the BD to BD process (bugs in DVDFab?). Part of this instability may be due to hardware (BD drive, HDD, defective BD). And part of this instability may be due to what software is installed on a computer (registry problems, etc.). I make a living using computers, so I (in my line of expertise) I have about 20 years experience. I can say with a high level of confidence that the hardware on my computers is working OK and not creating glitches. I also have noticed that none of the crash problems I had with DVDFab were caused by bad BD media (as eventaully I was able to complete the job). I now suspect that "funky" installations, software, registry entries, etc. are causing instability.
    The question:
    Is there a tutorial (or links) available for "How to prep and clean a computer for DVDFab BD to BD use" in order to avoid instability?

I think a comprehensive answer to my question with links, advice, sends to 3rd party software we could use to assist cleaning and preping our computers for DVDFab BD to BD use would be very useful for everyone. If we would all follow the advice, unnecessary and repetitive questions could be avoided on this forum, and we could focus more on DVDFab bugs (as opposed to bugs in our computers).

I did not see a "sticky" on this topic. Perhaps a moderator could compile all "good advice" on this topic and make it into a "sticky", for everyone to read and follow, for a more satisfying DVDFab BD to BD experiance.

Thanks to all,

ccris

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're posting, but is there some major, compelling reason why you can't copy to your hard disk first and then write out to a blank BD from there?

Comment

Hi,

My normal procedure is:
      1. Copy to HD
      2. Compress
      3. Burn BD

I have noticed that occasionally DVDFab crashes or reports an error. BD is verified as perfect, my hardware is verified as working OK. If I change to a different computer, then everything works fine.
      Then, this other computer works fine for some BDs, but then occasionally DVDFab crashes .... (now repeat the beginning of the paragraph).

There is some instability I can not attribute to the BD media or my hardware. I am assuming (maybe I am wrong) that the occasional instability is caused by something (software, registry, etc.) on the computers.

So I am asking if there are any tutorials (links, etc.) on what other programs conflict with DVDFab, what to uninstall, etc. how to prep the computer for DVDFab BD work so there will be more stability.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ccris View Post

So I am asking if there are any tutorials (links, etc.) on what other programs conflict with DVDFab, what to uninstall, etc. how to prep the computer for DVDFab BD work so there will be more stability.

Thanks.
        No there is nothing like that as regular computer maintenance works for just that

Comment

Yes it is definitely something with your computer. Try to clean your registry, do a disk cleanup, etc. Run stuff like memory diagnostics, make sure all your drivers are up to date, especially for the video card and hope for the best.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I think this would be an impossible task taking into account all the variations of OS's & software installed.

My basic comment,

Totally clean operating system install with all updates.
            Latest drivers for all devices.
            Then install Fab, nothing else.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X