This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Blu Ray

I have been using DVD Fab very successfully. I get my DVD's when on sale at Blockbuster for either 5 for $20 or 3/4 for $20. My purpose for DVD Fab is that I make a backup of my movies and use them at my second house in Montana. I recently started to try Blu-Ray. I bought Avatar and Alice in Wonderland when they were on sale at Fry's and just got the BBC Life series. I tried to copy the Disc 1 of Life and it copied to the computer but did not write to disc. Is there something I need to know about Blu-ray. I am using Memorex discs, BD-R, 25 GB, single Layer and am using a LG BH-10 blu-Ray player. Windows 7. Plenty of RAM and hard drive space. Any advice is appreciated. I apologize in advance if this post is not appropriate since I am new to this forum. Thank you

Without knowing more details about the process you are using, I would first suggest taking a look at the tutorial on this site.

For main movie only copies look at:

And, for Full Disc copies, look at:

Unless you have some reason for copying the full disc, I would suggest the main movie only option as you will already have to do some (slight) compression for most Blu-Ray movies to allow them to fit on a BD25. Most movies I have seen are from 26-34 GB or so, with some going as high as 43GB, though I have seen some as low as 13GB too. At any rate, your best bet to get the best quality from the backup is to go main movie only.

Good luck!

Comment

BBC Life is Interleaved

You shouldn't have any problems backing up full copies of BBC Life as long as you don't try to use any compression. This series is recoreded in 1080i (interleaved) and DVDFab will not compress this (unless there is a something new they've done in the past month). If you look back in the forums about a month ago, you will find my same issue discussed.

Comment

Thank you for responses

Comment

Working...
        X