This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7.0.9.0 Blu-ray to Blu-ray - Soundtrack and no media rights problems

I'm still trying to figure out the options to properly convert Blu-Ray-main movie to my hard drive/media server. I'm converting my DVD and Bluray movies and storing them, first - to make it easier to find movies and secondly to keep the grandkids from scratching and destroying the originals. When copying Blu-Ray to Blu-ray Main Movie and storing on the hard Drive (BD50), I keep getting the wrong sound track. Avatar worked fantastic, it streams correct sound, high quality to the PS3 in the original High Def format, no problems. I then tried several other movies such as Transformers - Revenge of the fallen, Percy Jackson -Lighting Thief, River World, Star Trek, etc... and keep getting no sound, French, German or Spanish even a "talk over", everything but the correct soundtrack in English. I've checked and unchecked each of the languages, getting different results. I can convert the same Blu-Ray to PS3 and get the correct sound track. I loose quality and encounter the 2nd problem which is some movies will not show up in the media directory, displayed through the PS3 video directory. I found a message on the PC in Properties, Media rights that says something about no media rights. Other movies that show up in the list have "This file is not protected". Converting to AVI sometimes helps, but again another loss in quality. Sorry for being so long-winded, any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. I'll give them a try when I get home this week-end. I try to find and attach the log files from the failed attempts on future postings.

I think a fair bit of your audio problem is caused by the restrictions Sony have placed on the PS3 when streaming files as opposed to playing a disk.

Perhaps one of the PS3 Gurus would like to comment.

Honest advice, ditch the PS3 and go for a media player that will stream MKV's and most of your problems will go away.

I now currently build my MKV's with multiple soundtracks, subtitles and chapters which gives me everything that I want and play them on a player that costs less than 100 bux to a 52" HD TV with outstanding results.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

for playing things on my ps3 from my PC i use a free app called ps3 media server.

it allows you to play most filetypes.

its cool that it runs as a service. just point it to your media folders and try it out.

Comment

I use Microsoft's Media player to test the movies after conversion. I shouldn't have even mentioned the PS3, If it works in MS Media player it normally works on the PS3.

Comment

Same Problem here

Windows 7 64 bit will play the ripped movie file just fine but the primary audio is not playing. I tried remove HD audio after the initial failure without selecting that and still nothing. Playing these on Windows Media Player not even getting them to my PS3 at this point. I know that my camcorder AVCHD files play sound correctly so why can't I rip any of the 4 Blu Ray disks I've tried with any sound? I can rip comentary and secondary audio fine. Same issue for the last 3 releases which is when I started trying to do this. It is maddeneing to see that fine picture with no sound. HELP!!!
          Last edited by JakeDog; 08-04-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Try playing them with Media Player Classic Home Cinema. This player is not reliant upon installation of external codecs whereas WMP is.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I doubt that it's the media player causing the problem, I converted Avatar (BluRay) without any problems, plays perfect. Every BluRay since then, if there is sound, it's not in English. When English is selected, it's normally no sound. I'm running Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit, Core 2 Quad Q9300(2.50GHz) processor with 8GB DDR2 memory.

Comment

If you know it all then I will not try to convince you. You know best.

Comment

I can almost guarantee that its a codec issue with Windows Media Player or something similar. So take Gregi's advice, switch to MPC-Home Cinema. WMP sucks anyways. But thats just my advice. You can do what you want.
                  SPECS
                  DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                  SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I do full quality bluray backups and I use Windows 7 Mediacenter with a plugin player made by Arcsoft Totalmedia Theater3 platinum. I have not had any issues. Mediacenter sees that the Blurays are a movie and when you click play it hands it over to the player plugin (it shells inside mediacenter so not external player pop ups). The computer used to play the movies is cheap one, and i stream the content over my home network from a server.

Comment

Yeah its because you're actually using a very good player(maybe even the best?) to play BDs(TotalMedia Theatre). But Windows Media Player by itself is junk and almost makes me want to install one of those N versions of Windows that doesn't have it.
                      SPECS
                      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I see GregiBoy is a little touching on his answers. Media Player Classic does work, and If it will help his feeling, apologize for doubting is word. Media Player Classic does not help me, I need a solution away from my main computer on the home network to read from the media server. The PS3's and Brite-View Cinema Tube have worked for all the DVD's I have converted. I'm now starting to convert the BluRays and wanted to retain the high quality. It's a shame the rest haven't worked as easy as Avator did.

Now to move on to how to get around the Missing Media Rights that keeps some BluRay's from playing on the PS3's and Cinema Tube box.

And why at least 2 of the BluRay's converted to PS3, start Pixilating about a third of the way through the movie when playing on the PS3.

Comment

The real solution is to get decent media players that will play ALL content rather than trying to do it with jury rigged games consoles and cheap crap.

A decent media player will cost you less than a hundred bux, far less than the time you have invested in trying to get it working on brain dead equipment.

Otherwise, I suggest that you waste your time on your game console/media player forums.

Comment

GregiBoy, your getting your hair all raised on the back of your neck over nothing, try suggesting a few of these cheep, under a hundred buck media players. I already have one that sounded like it would work, but has proven to be no better that the PS3. As in the 1st post of yours, you jumped on the PS3 as being all the problem. Point is, I haven't complained about the PS3's. Your the only one complaining about the PS3.

BTW, the Pixilating is occurring in the Media Player Classic, the same as it does in MS Media Player and on the PS3. Where's your answer to this ?

Comment

If you are in the US, I know my good friend and colleague, mainmen has great success with an Argosy 322 (I think) from Amazon.

Perhaps he may chime in hre.

Comment

Working...
                              X