This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are there three full films on DVD?

When making a copy of my Blu-ray disc, I see on DVDFab that there are three instances of the movie on the Blu-ray disk. Why is this so?

On Prophet, I can see three times: 2:35:22 16 16:9 1080p/AVC MPEG4

Look at attached JPG image. Which one should I use?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Play the disc on your player and see what title number it selects as the main movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellavance View Post
      When making a copy of my Blu-ray disc, I see on DVDFab that there are three instances of the movie on the Blu-ray disk. Why is this so?
      On Prophet, I can see three times: 2:35:22 16 16:9 1080p/AVC MPEG4
      It's three different language versions, most likely english, french and spanish. By selecting language, DVDFab should detect which title to rip automatically.
      ... Or use Gummigutta's suggestion to verify
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Each version seems to have all the languages...

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        It's three different language versions, most likely english, french and spanish. By selecting language, DVDFab should detect which title to rip automatically.
        ... Or use Gummigutta's suggestion to verify

Comment

Each version seems to have all the languages...
          All three versions share common m2ts files except the ones where something written on selected language. I.e. if you select french language and there's episode with with say newspaper shown up close, that newspaper will be shown in french... make sense? It's not language spoken, but shown.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

a good example is the movie "up" its in english but the book and newspapers etc are in french if you chose the wrong title.

Comment

I can't watch the whole movie on a preview screen... then how do I know?

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              All three versions share common m2ts files except the ones where something written on selected language. I.e. if you select french language and there's episode with with say newspaper shown up close, that newspaper will be shown in french... make sense? It's not language spoken, but shown.

Comment

You have four titles there. Put the disk in your Blu-Ray player and play the movie as you want to see it.

Once you start playing it, somewhere on the Blu-Ray playe the title # playing will be displayed.

That is the one you want.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The numbers don't seem to correspond.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  You have four titles there. Put the disk in your Blu-Ray player and play the movie as you want to see it.

Once you start playing it, somewhere on the Blu-Ray playe the title # playing will be displayed.

That is the one you want.

Comment

The numbers don't seem to correspond.
                    On your movie, after DVDFAB has listed the disc contents, select one of the features and use the preview window (bottom left) to skip to the end credits. If the job-titles appear in English, then that should be the English Language version of the feature (I hope your feature has credits big enough to read in the preview window).

This worked on UP, where one of the copies had:

A) the title of the movie (in the sky) in french
                    B) the title of Mrs. Fredrickson's "My Adventure Book" was in french in a number of places throughout the movie
                    C) all the job-duties in the credits at the end of the movie (director of photography, etc.) were in french.

The one that had English Language credits also had the English text throughout.

-Wapitikev
                    Last edited by wapitikev; 08-06-2010, 06:12 AM.
                    When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post
                      On your movie, after DVDFAB has listed the disc contents, select one of the features and use the preview window (bottom left) to skip to the end credits. If the job-titles appear in English, then that should be the English Language version of the feature (I hope your feature has credits big enough to read in the preview window).

This worked on UP, where one of the copies had:

A) the title of the movie (in the sky) in french
                      B) the title of Mrs. Fredrickson's "My Adventure Book" was in french in a number of places throughout the movie
                      C) all the job-duties in the credits at the end of the movie (director of photography, etc.) were in french.

The one that had English Language credits also had the English text throughout.

-Wapitikev
                      just fyi you can make the preview window fullscreen by 2x click.

Comment

Thanks !
                        I'll try this.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
                          just fyi you can make the preview window fullscreen by 2x click.
                          OUTSTANDING!

Sorry, I'm still just a relative newbie.

Cheers.

-Wapitikev
                          When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X