This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob_NYC View Post
    Alright, now that's more like it. Scan took 10 minutes. I should add that I was backing up a different BR than last time, but this was noticeably faster than any previous scans I've done. I'll test with Funny People next, just to make sure it wasn't that particular BR. But it looks like I'm in business. Btw, I reset my DMA before I scanned, just to make sure. I had done it previously, but I didn't know if I should do it again after updating the driver.

Do either of you think I should still check on the DMA settings for my drive, i.e, through the Device Manager? Or should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks a lot guys.
    If you only have 1 entry underneath IDE/ATAPI controllers and that line says SATA AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) then you do not actually have any IDE ATA/ATAPI devices on that box (which is likely why you cannot locate an Advanced Settings tab). They are all SATA connections (they can emulate ATAPI or IDE based on BIOS settings but they will be running on a SATA channel). So no DMA settings are configurable by you in Device Manager.

If you had any IDE ATA/ATAPI devices, there would have been three lines: 1) IDE ATA Channel 0, 2) ATA Channel 1 and 3) Standard Dual-channel PCI IDE Controller.

So don't worry about the DMA.

10 minutes is still WAY longer than any of my drives, though. There has to be something else. Hmmn.

-Wapitikev
    When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post
      10 minutes is still WAY longer than any of my drives, though. There has to be something else. Hmmn.

-Wapitikev
      Ok, part of the answer could be:

The Sony Optiarc BD ROM BC-5600S is your player right? The Specs on that drive are 2x read-speed for BD.

By comparison, my LG CH08LS10 is an 8x BD reader.

So that likely accounts for some of the differences in scan-time between our systems.

Let's see what CBR929 has to say.

-Wapitikev
      When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post
        So don't worry about the DMA.-Wapitikev
        Agreed

The Specs on that drive are 2x read-speed for BD.
        By comparison, my LG CH08LS10 is an 8x BD reader.
        So that likely accounts for some of the differences in scan-time between our systems.
        I agree again

Rob_NYC if everything is working that is great, get back to burning
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X