• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously need help

Hi, I too seriously need help,

I have exactly the same problem.

I run:
    Win7 HP 64 bit. on Asus P6T motherboard, Intel i7 CPU, 6GB memory, Intel 80GB SST drive, Power Color HD 5850 Radeon graphics card, Plextor 12x blu ray disc writer PX-B940SA, three 750GB HDD.

DVDfab version is 7.0.9.0. All settings are default. I also tried once with ImgBurn burner selected.

Source set is Blu ray movie on the Plextor, Target set is also the Plextor. Main movie only.

The movie goes into the DVDfab, temporary folder, OK.

The tray opens and I am asked to insert a writable Blu Ray disc into the Target Plextor writer.

I put a brand new, clean, otherwise untouched, blu ray BD-R disc into the tray.

The 'writing' info line appears in the main screen.

After a few seconds, say 30 seconds, a window pops up saying process failed.

This happened with an Aone disc and a Panasonic disc. At this point, I asked Plextor Europe for a list of approved blu ray discs. The list they gave included Verbatim, LtoH, 2x, 'VERBATIMw' discs. So I used that one, exactly, but experienced the same failure procedure.

I now have spent £50 on blu ray discs, with only three dead discs and no blu ray movies to show for it. Please note that after the Process Failed notice, the discs become useless for anything else.

Please advise me what I have done wrong and how to correct it.

Many thanks,
    Roy Mayo.

PS. I have burned a data disc on blu ray Verbatimw disc, using Nero 10, Nero Burning Rom, so I do not think that the fault lies with the Plextor.
    I run Win7 64 bit on Asus P6T motherboard, Intel Core i7 CPU, Intel 80 GB SST. 3x Seagate 750GB HDD, 6GB memory, Power Color 5850 Graphics card, Plextor PX-B940SA Blue Ray writer, Samsung DVD writer.

Anybody?

Say something.
    I run Win7 64 bit on Asus P6T motherboard, Intel Core i7 CPU, Intel 80 GB SST. 3x Seagate 750GB HDD, 6GB memory, Power Color 5850 Graphics card, Plextor PX-B940SA Blue Ray writer, Samsung DVD writer.

Comment

check your dma settings. and please post the log files.

for dma go to the settings and theres a button in the general field and it says reset dma.

Comment

Roy Mayo,
        please set you DVDFab to use ImgBurn as a burning engine. Tutorial is here:
        Please do it exactly as it said in tutorial and set burning speed to about half of nominal
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thank you.

Hi, and thank you to all who responded to my request for help.

I have at last been able to use DVD fab for blu ray movies.

I had decided to use ImgBurn instead of the embedded VSO and followed the procedures for setting up ImgBurn exactly as given in the link above. The result was immediate success.

I suppose my mistake was to just click on the START button and expect everything to go smoothly, first time out. But in such a complicated science/art as burning discs, with countless variables, much more thought and preparation was needed.

Roy Mayo.

Comment

I can only agree with you!!!

Like the Borgia's

It is more an art than a science.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X