X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray disc size

Hi

I have just gone into settings in dvdfab and installed imageburn engine successfully I HOPE!

Now am trying friends bluray terminator 3 disc and it comes up that the main movie is too big for the disc....... is there a way of getting around this?

is it possible to shrink to fit to the BD 25gb size?

if so how?

so far have wasted 4 BR discs and they aint cheap yet!

many thanks

Steve

casacristeva
    Are you using the free or paid version of Fab?
    If using the free and your trial has ended you will not be able to compress and burn, you will have to buy Fab in order to do that.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi

I have paid for this fabulous program ever since I found it by chance, been using it for years and paid full price of 90UKP for the privilege.

DVD to DVD is never expire, and BLURAY to BLURAY is never expire.

It i s new to me and am sure I must be doing something wrong, I have only just found that there are 2 sizes of BD discs! The disc is supposed to be 25gb, but it doesn´t show that amount and the main movie is claiming to be larger than the inserted disc now, so that must be the problem.

if there is a way of shrinking to fit then wonderful! if not then need a simple solution.

The full movie of Terminator 3 which I am using as experiment is 34gb so that is not possible to fit and now realise that....... but main movie is very close to the 25gb, but still will not go on to the disc.

Comment

Because the Disk is 25 Gigs that does not means you can put movie 25 gigs on it. You can Only put 22.5 gigs so the movie larger then that must be compressed.

Comment

Well Windows reports something like 23.3 gb.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Compressing movie

Can you tell me how to compress the movie then in settings please?

New to this part and already lost 3 discs, so rather scared to go further due to cost of making mistakes!

How much loss of quality is there - any ideas?

many thanks for any help in getting established

Steve

Comment

Do Main movie and on the screen go to the size at bottom and select BD25. That will compress so it will fit on a SL BD disc. Not sure about quality loss but when you compress any movie wether it DVD or BD you will get quality loss depending on what you choose to keep for Audio

Comment

the dropdown as meantioned above will compress to that size and in the settings you can see that the disc is rated at 25gb but it actually will hold 23.7.

Comment

Be aware that some people are experiencing a problem with BD-25 compression. Some are getting a 24.2GB file output oppossed to the 23700MB(22.5-23.2GB usual output) it's set for in the write settings. At this time the only workaround is to lower the 23700MB size in write settings until your getting a 23.3GB or smaller disc size. I've had this problem since V7.0.7.9

Comment

Working...
                  X