X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Avatar 50gb->25GB on HDD

Hi,

I have a problem with Avatar.

The full disk is copied to HDD and i am tring get it to 25GB main movie only.

All other titles take average 1.5hrs but this says 7-8 hours!

Using DVDfab ver 7.0.8.4 (tried ver 7.0.9.2 also)

AMD Phenon ii x 6 1055T also
    2 x TB SATA3 drives striped
    4GB mem 1866MHz
    Windows 7 x64

Ran all tests on PC with no faults, re-installed Windows 7 but still no fix.

CPU normally runs at 100% and takes av 1h 30mins Blu-ray to Blu-ray main movie 25GB 1080p folder to folder after copied Blu-ray to HDD, but CPU does not go above 30% for some reason? and FPS drops to 1.5 and says its going to take 7-8 hours!

Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks,

Avatar is almost 3 hours long, and is action packed CGI with high bitrate.

I would not worry about it!

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I set it away last night and tested it this morning playing on PC with PowerDVD8 and it seems to be ok, checked the logs and it took 7.5 hrs.

I will have to do another title to make sure it goes back to the normal 1.5hrs as 7-8 hours per blu-ray is not greatand this is what i was getting before.

I will reply with the results as this may help others with their queries.

Thanks.

Comment

I have ran DVDfab again after resetting DMA in the general options and the CPU is now running at 100% and it says it is only going to take 2hrs 10mins with FPS at 5 instead of 1.5.

This is the first time I have noticed you can reset DMA through DVDfab as I was looking at trying to do it manually, having 2 x SATA3 drives stripped I was struggling to find how to do it.

At last DVDfab is back to normal speeds.

Comment

Working...
        X