This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Tub Time Machine

Anyone else having trouble with Hot Tub Time Machine??? Very strange things happening with the m2ts files...way too many of them?

You obviously do not understand that Fab copies the title exactly as it is authored. If there are a lot of M2ts files, that is the way the title was authored.

Or are you ripping it and trying to play the m2ts files with something like a POS WD TV?

Please post such queries on the "Hot Tub Time Machine" site otherwise, if you want to post a genuine query here, please be more specific.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by denret View Post
      Anyone else having trouble with Hot Tub Time Machine??? Very strange things happening with the m2ts files...way too many of them?
      If you check out the original disc, there are as many m2ts files as in the copy
      Hot Tub Time Machine contains two versions of the movie: Theatrical and Unrated and this is the way the disc authors chosed to split the files into segments that then can be combined to playback the two versions. There is a playlist for Unrated and one for Theatrical that contain the list of segments for playback.

Comment

Multiple m2ts files

Thanks Padre for the feedback. I understand now. I hadn't seen the multiple m2ts files after rip until 7.0.9.3.

Comment

Greg,
          Why are you so anti-WD TV players? I have two of the newer ones and they work great. I haven't had one problem yet. Just curious because this is not the first time you have shown a strong negative opinion.

lank

Comment

Because I feel there are better players out there with far more feature at the same price and also the traditional lack of firmware/upgrades from Western Digital. You just have to read the WDTV forums to see what I am talking about.

Admittedly, some of it is users having problems because they do not know what they are talking about (We get similar on this forum don't we?) but there is a lot of dissent there in the background even to the extent that one of the moderators has stated that he would never buy another one but would go for a NMT instead.

To give you an example, I am currently testing a model that I intend to import and retail around the same price as the WD TV Live Plus and it does everything that the WD will plus the following:-

Allows installation of 2Tb internal disk which will also act as a SMB NAS, FTP Server & Bittorrent client.
            Has a client & host USB 2.0 ports and more importantly, client and host eSATA ports. the eSAT ports allow fast transfer of data and streaming from external drives high bitrate rips such as a Bluray passthrough MKV.
            Supports multiple audio streams and will easily switch between them in the MKV container.
            Supports multiple SUB/IDX subtitles contained within the MKV and easily switchable between them.
            Supports display of how you actully tag these streams within the MKV.
            Displays Cover Art within the MKV.
            HDMI 1.3 with true backwards compatibility
            Auto sensing of video connection and capabilities and adjusting accordingly.
            Connection of multiple video outputs simultaneously.

Also, it can be controlled with a web interface, including a web based remote which work on iPhones & HTC's both internally and externally and I had IPopov helping me test it from the other side of the world a few days ago.

HOPE THIS EXPLAINS MY RATIONALE.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Because I feel there are better players out there with far more feature at the same price and also the traditional lack of firmware/upgrades from Western Digital. You just have to read the WDTV forums to see what I am talking about.

Admittedly, some of it is users having problems because they do not know what they are talking about (We get similar on this forum don't we?) but there is a lot of dissent there in the background even to the extent that one of the moderators has stated that he would never buy another one but would go for a NMT instead.

To give you an example, I am currently testing a model that I intend to import and retail around the same price as the WD TV Live Plus and it does everything that the WD will plus the following:-

Allows installation of 2Tb internal disk which will also act as a SMB NAS, FTP Server & Bittorrent client.
              Has a client & host USB 2.0 ports and more importantly, client and host eSATA ports. the eSAT ports allow fast transfer of data and streaming from external drives high bitrate rips such as a Bluray passthrough MKV.
              Supports multiple audio streams and will easily switch between them in the MKV container.
              Supports multiple SUB/IDX subtitles contained within the MKV and easily switchable between them.
              Supports display of how you actully tag these streams within the MKV.
              Displays Cover Art within the MKV.
              HDMI 1.3 with true backwards compatibility
              Auto sensing of video connection and capabilities and adjusting accordingly.
              Connection of multiple video outputs simultaneously.

Also, it can be controlled with a web interface, including a web based remote which work on iPhones & HTC's both internally and externally and I had IPopov helping me test it from the other side of the world a few days ago.

HOPE THIS EXPLAINS MY RATIONALE.
              ill take 2!

Comment

That makes sense. For what i use them for they work great but i could see how others would enjoy the option of being able to utilize the features you mentioned. The web interface portion does interest me a little. When you have time can you share that new model # that your testing?

Comment

Working...
                X