This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems backing up 'Fight Club'

anyone any ideas why I am having problems backing up this disc? I am backing up from a BD 50 hard drive image (have already tried direct from the BD disc) to BD25 and have tried both splitting and compressing the disc but the image in the later chapters breaks up and has pixellation and horizontal white lines. Also strange is the fact that the inclusion of the last 2 chapters on a split burn (36 and 37: film end/ end credits/ etc) indicates a sudden drop in quality from 100 to 72% (even though there must be plenty of space)!
    What could be causing this. Most backups normally seem to work well.

This a reported problem in earlier versions. Try the latest version.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

sorry to be a bit dull here do you mean later versions of the fight club disc or of DVD Fab? (as I have the latest paid version of DVD fab) thank you?
      also has anyone experienced weird opening menus on this disc? From the original it seems to go to the start up menu for 'never been kissed' to a strange room full of Ikea furniture with daft captions for each item in the room. from there it ususally seems to hang (I am not making this up honest!).
      Last edited by raljon; 08-14-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

he means try with the latest version of dvdfab. 7.0.9.0 has this as a known issue for BD+ discs.

Comment

The Never Been Kissed part of the menu is just a joke. Happens on my Fight Club also. It's that way on purpose. I backed this disc up with no problem using v7.0.7.8. This is the version I'm currently still using since I've had problems with every version since 7.0.7.8.
          Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 08-15-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info DharmaBummed 69: do you know if its possible to download version 7.0.7.8 from the site?

Comment

Originally posted by raljon View Post
              thanks for the info DharmaBummed 69: do you know if its possible to download version 7.0.7.8 from the site?
              What you should do is remove DVDFab from your computer completely and then reinstall fresh and try again as the pixelation problem was fixed also why not give the latest Beta a try as that just might work for you. You can find the link in the Beta release section of forum

Comment

With all due respect I did that already. Pixelation came back worse for me on 7.0.7.9 (along with a 24.2GB BD-25 output I never had before) after it was fixed with 7.0.7.8. I posted as much before but never recieved any response after posting logs and screen shots and have bumped the post just last week informing that I still have the problems as of 7.0.9.3. I do uninstall every old DVDfab version and re-install the new version after a re-start. I only use 7.0.7.8 now because it's the only version that doesn't have pixelation for me and all the ones before7.0.7.8 pixelated and past 7.0.7.9 pixelate and make a 24.2 GB without adjusting the write settings and now some discs try to re-encode the Main Movie when previously it was a straight non re-encoded copy. I can't help that these problems are reproducable on 2 different computers on 3 different OS's and that going back to an old version helped me.

If somebody says they can't make a back-up of a movie that I have successfully backed up in the past I see no harm in mentioning what version I used to get said successful back-up.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                  With all due respect I did that already.
                  My post was for the OP(Original Poster) the member who started this thread

Comment

My point being that pixelation wasn't fixed for everybody. At least not past one version. I'd be more than happy to link you my post with pictures from 7.0.7.9 that have pixelation if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                    X