This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Long encoding issue

I am running win7 ultimate running on a gigabyte GA-770TA motherboard with an AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9Ghz quad core with 2 gigs of pc3 10666 ram and a sparkle GeForce 8400 GS 512mb 64bit ddr2 pcie x16 video card. I started a full backup of Kick Ass yesterday at 8:30 pm and if all goes ok it should be done tonight at 1:30 am, totaling approx. 17 hours. I am re-encoding to a bd 25 1080p format. Is this an accurate time for this project? I noticed that only 2 of my 4 cores are being used at any given time with no more than 44% of total processing power being utilized. I tried messing with the codec's but I have to use the defalt settings otherwise the program crashes. I am using dvdfab 7.0.9.3. I also tried the new beta copy but it crashed as well. Any ideas?

Well, if you are running on a single AMD processor (without GPU acceleration), 17 hrs is a sad, but realistic result. It shouldn't be this way however. Lets try to fix it.
    aa. First, go to Common Settings (green circle in right top corner of DVDFab window) ->General ->Reset DMA button ->click it.
    bb. in A/V Codec settings set decoder for CUDA/CUDA/Software and leave encoder with Software. You have to play here with encoder. Set it for "CUDA+Software", try and compare with "Software" settings to see which one produce best quality/speed.
    cc. also set memory use for "Max" and CPU for "Turbo"
    dd. Visit nvidia.com ->downloads -> find, download and install latest driver for your card.
    Now, try your conversion again. If anything goes sideways, please inform us and post all logs related to that conversion. Logs are located in My Documents ->DVDFab ->Log

Oh, BTW. Before conversion, rip your disc to your HDD first and use it as a source.
    Last edited by IPopov50; 08-17-2010, 11:18 PM.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

That time is about right.

Ideas, use DVD's instead of Blu-Rays or invest in a new machine.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PS: I've got one 8400 GS and it doesn't really assist at all with speed. In some cases, it actually slows things down.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Beat you GregiBoy!!!!
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            PS: I've got one 8400 GS and it doesn't really assist at all with speed. In some cases, it actually slows things down.
            It could be the case.... Experiment, experiment, and.... experiment again.
            sigpic

Comment

A new machine its a quad core pc? its not fast enough?. I do rip the movie first. so I need a new video card? is that the thing?

Comment

Not to mention that the software is only using 2 of the 4 cores? whats up with that?

Comment

As Fengtao says, "It'll be fixed in the next release"

Comment

Originally posted by john920 View Post
                    A new machine its a quad core pc? its not fast enough?. I do rip the movie first. so I need a new video card? is that the thing?
                    Your Quad is seems OK. New card would be nice compliment to your setup... not overkill, but reasonable in neighborhood GeForce 240 - 250. Anything above that will choke you AMD.
                    sigpic

Comment

@
                      This one seems good for you - only $115. I think it's a good deal
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X