This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab 7 won't install. 6 is fine

Not specific to "blu ray to blu ray", but I cannot seem to get version 7 to start at all. I initially had it working but it came back with an error (sorry, I should have written it down). I uninstalled and reinstalled to try to get rid of it... now it simply goes to the initial screen (i was mid-trial), I hit "ok"/"continue" and nothing happens. Task manager shows DVDFab.exe running but I have to manually shut it down.

Tried using revo uninstaller plus the "clean uninstall" methods posted around the forum to no avail. Oddly enough, version 6 will install though it also gives me an odd error about not being able to start the burning engine (paraphrasing).

Windows 7 Pro 64
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB DDR3
    nVidia GTX280
    Internal BD-RE drive
    PowerDVD suite (i tried uninstalling this to make sure) & imgburn are also installed

The only log there _internal.log only has this in it:

DVDFab 7.0.9.3 (2010/08/16 21:35:13)

0m 00.26s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by sfk; 08-18-2010, 10:48 PM.

Yeah, read the post on how to properly install Fab or:-

To quote Fengtao literally
    "The problem will be fixed in next version, please wait.
    Thanks for reporting."
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Would you mind pointing me to this post (maybe without the attitude) since a search for "how to install" and "installation" don't seem to have it relevantly placed? And how the "readme.txt" tells me to: "During the setup, please follow instructions on display."

and the website says: "Before you install, please make sure that you are logged on as Administrator or as a user with Administrator privileges. The installation wizard will guide you through the process."

Both of which are generally unhelpful.

Comment

Try the 'Answers to Common Questions" which has the link in my signature below.

There is no "ATTITUDE" as you phrase it. I am trying to point out to you that 99% of problems that are posted here have been answered/solved already and all that it takes is a little bit of your own time to browse/search the forum.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've spent at least 2 hours tonight looking through posts to try to find an answer. Nothing I've tried worked including ccleaner, a new vc++ redistributable, uninstalling other burning software, confirming & resetting DMA modes, uninstalling my dvd & bd drives and reinstalling, looking at registry keys, etc.

Would anyone else mind trying to help out? DVDFab.exe just sits in task manager not doing anything.

I have no idea if this is relevant (but it was posted in another post)... This is the only entry that has anything in it. The rest are "None Found"

===============================================
          Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.1.0
          ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
          Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
          Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
          Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
          Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
          File Name: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
          File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
          File Description: CD DVD Filter
          Product Name: CD DVD Filter
          Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
          Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
          Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Comment

Are you running on the trial or the registered version?
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

OK I see you mentioned you used Revo and it not work. Well give revo another try to uninstall DVDFab and make sure you have Advanced selected for it as well. Then to make sure everything was removed Run CCleaner Registry cleaner until nothing is left to be found. Then you can install DVDFab again but this time when installing do not install the VSO engine. Just remember to right click the DVDFab install file and Run as administrator. Also here is a link below on how to set up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab just in case you not know already. Watch the youtube video it pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22
                Are you running on the trial or the registered version?
                The trial version

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                OK I see you mentioned you used Revo and it not work. Well give revo another try to uninstall DVDFab and make sure you have Advanced selected for it as well. Then to make sure everything was removed Run CCleaner Registry cleaner until nothing is left to be found. Then you can install DVDFab again but this time when installing do not install the VSO engine. Just remember to right click the DVDFab install file and Run as administrator. Also here is a link below on how to set up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab just in case you not know already. Watch the youtube video it pretty good

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2
                I did the steps you suggested, sadly no change.

Comment

Originally posted by sfk View Post
                  The trial version

I did the steps you suggested, sadly no change.
                  Maybe your Anti-virus/firewall is blocking DVDFab. MAke sure they are set to allow DVDFab to run on computer

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    Maybe your Anti-virus/firewall is blocking DVDFab. MAke sure they are set to allow DVDFab to run on computer
                    Tried disabling firewall & anti-virus. Same behavior. I can't recall if the program worked after I installed the new BD-RE (LG WH10LS30) drive or not. I think it did a few times but I'm not 100%.

That wouldn't have anything to do with it would it? The DVD-RW drive I previously used is still in it.

Edit: Tried uninstalling the BD-RE drive but that didn't change anything either. That's the only hardware change I've had recently. The only software change was PowerDVD (with the blu-ray drive) and I had that uninstalled at one point as well.
                    Last edited by sfk; 08-19-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Well have you tried installing the latest Beta version? that might work on your computer but not really sure. Wouldn't hurt to install to see if it would work and link for that is below. Also check to make sure your computer DVD drive is in DMA mode but not sure if that would be problem as well. Sorry I really not know what to do to fix this for you as I never had this problem before. Another member on the forum had this problem but their problem was fixed, unfortunately I not remember where the thread was to see how it was fixed

Comment

Working...
                      X