X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Copy

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but here goes:

I understand that when using the clone option, the copy is a precise bit for bit image copy of the original. If so, why is copy protection even an issue when making an uncompressed clone. If it is an exact copy, why shouldn't the copy play just like the original? I'd appreciate your input.

Originally posted by dick6133 View Post
    I hope this isn't a dumb question, but here goes:

I understand that when using the clone option, the copy is a precise bit for bit image copy of the original. If so, why is copy protection even an issue when making an uncompressed clone. If it is an exact copy, why shouldn't the copy play just like the original? I'd appreciate your input.
    Yes, clone is bit-for-bit copy of disc you're cloning. However, DVDFab is a three-fold program, and decryption is a first step. Decryption is selected by default and will remove protection automatically. Otherwise, it would be impossible to copy - that's what protection is for, to protect content from copying.... get it? You do however, have an option to select which protection to remove or leave on a disc. You can do it in "Protection" section of Common Settings.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
    X