This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparison between CUDA-enabled and software only settings

I did a comparison rip of Star Trek 2009 using cuda and software only settings separately to determine which one was faster, bd50 to bd25 main movie only (about 65% compression). First using cuda-enabled, it took 61+ minutes (task manager showing about 40-50% cpu usage and gpu-z showing 50-60% gpu load and 100% video engine load), second using software only, it took 53+ minutes (100% cpu load and 0% gpu load), pathplayer was disabled on both rips. Anybody else getting the same results, feedback would be appreciated.

i7 930 oc'd @ 3.8ghz 1.25v
    6gb ddr3 1600mhz corsair
    2x64gb ssd v-series kingston ahci (1st drive boot only, 2nd drive blu-ray storage only)
    evga geforce gtx460 768mb ddr5 oc'd @ 800mhz-1051mhz-1600mhz, physx disabled
    2xlg-bh10ls30
    1tb+750gb sata drives

Sounds like pretty good times for your setup, I'm using the Galaxy GTX 460 overclocked card w/ Fermi and cuda isn't supported yet(I think), I have my A/V Codec's set to software and am still getting very fast burn times, half hour to forty five minutes. I'm also using CoreAVC.
    Hope this helps. Joe

PS: hope someone else jumps into this thread with more experience!

Case: Cooler Master Sniper
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3
    CPU: Intel i5-760
    Ram: 4Gbs of DDR3 1600 OCZ
    Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT
    Galaxy GeForce GTX 460 1GB Video Card
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675 Watt
    HDD: Intel 160GB SSD
    HDD: WD 1T Caviar Black
    Drive: Pioneer BDR205 Bluray Burner
    Monitor: Acer H233H

Comment

this version supports all fermi cards.

Comment

Originally posted by armada10 View Post
        I did a comparison rip of Star Trek 2009 using cuda and software only settings separately to determine which one was faster, bd50 to bd25 main movie only (about 65% compression). First using cuda-enabled, it took 61+ minutes (task manager showing about 40-50% cpu usage and gpu-z showing 50-60% gpu load and 100% video engine load), second using software only, it took 53+ minutes (100% cpu load and 0% gpu load), pathplayer was disabled on both rips. Anybody else getting the same results, feedback would be appreciated.

i7 930 oc'd @ 3.8ghz 1.25v
        6gb ddr3 1600mhz corsair
        2x64gb ssd v-series kingston ahci (1st drive boot only, 2nd drive blu-ray storage only)
        evga geforce gtx460 768mb ddr5 oc'd @ 800mhz-1051mhz-1600mhz, physx disabled
        2xlg-bh10ls30
        1tb+750gb sata drives
        I did this comparison hoping that support for fermi cards would enable faster ripping with cuda enabled compared to software only setting. As you can see the result was the opposite of what I was expecting. Just wondering if its my setup or fermi support has minimal or no impact at all.

Comment

I never used the Beta versions, I should have knowing DvdFab stays on top of all the latest technology. Thanks for the info.
          Regards Joe

Comment

i use software software software software+cuda

i have a 6core cpu and it works better than the cuda on the gpu.

Comment

Working...
            X