This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuck in analyzing

I just purchased a new computer and have a trial version of DVDFab. It has Windows 7. It is a Dell Studio XPS 9100 with intel Core i7-processor, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphic card. It has Ciber Link PowerDVD 9.5.

When I start DVDFab and load a blu-ray, I chose Main Movie and the region code. It never gets beyond the "analyzing the disc" mode. Do I disable the auto play of PowerDVD? I tried to disable it in the controle pannel because I thought you could not play the movie and scan it at the same time. My blu-ray player/recorder is set to region 1.

The blue-ray I am trying to backup is Date Night.
    Last edited by coodbe; 08-22-2010, 11:39 AM.

Originally posted by coodbe View Post
    Do I disable the auto play of PowerDVD? I tried to disable it in the controle pannel because I thought you could not play the movie and scan it at the same time. My blu-ray player/recorder is set to region 1.
    The blue-ray I am trying to backup is Date Night.
    What DVDFab has to do with PowerDVD? Why are you even trying to run both applications at a same time? What exactly are you trying to do?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

In general, it is not advised to have two applications that (heavily) use the optical drive running at the same time. DvdFab will scan the disc on startup, PowerDVD will do the same and Windows cache won't help much because we are talking about large amounts of data to be parsed/read. The result will be poor performance overall.

Please run DvdFab when PowerDVD is not running and let it analyse the disc and post again. You can include the log file if there are still problems. Thanks.

Comment

Turn autoplay off as it not good to have on. If Autoplay is on insert the BD and wait for powerDVD to start then exit powerDVD and start DVDFab.

Comment

If he really wants to have a disc being decrypted while he's watching movies, etc. maybe he should switch to using Passkey instead.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I didn't want power DVD playing while I was using DVDFab. I just had trouble disabling auto play. Its different in Windows 7 than in XP. I disabled it and all is fine. It only scanned for about 8 seconds. I ripped and burnt the movie only in forty minutes. It plays fine. I am going to purchase DVDFab. Thanks for your help.

Comment

coodbe
              Another thing to remember especially for windows 7 is to install Fab as administrator. Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by coodbe View Post
                I didn't want power DVD playing while I was using DVDFab. I just had trouble disabling auto play. Its different in Windows 7 than in XP. I disabled it and all is fine. It only scanned for about 8 seconds. I ripped and burnt the movie only in forty minutes. It plays fine. I am going to purchase DVDFab. Thanks for your help.
                I'm happy it's all good for you

Comment

Working...
                X