Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compressing from 50GB to 25GB Disc - Freezes on Playback.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressing from 50GB to 25GB Disc - Freezes on Playback.

I've tried copying main movie from a 50GB to a 25GB disc. Everything goes well (really slow doing the compression, though, even with an i7-860) but when watching the resulting movie, image freezes 5-10 seconds every few minutes, while time counter on BD Player is still going forward. My Sony BDP-S760 always has latest firmware. What's wrong?

It sounds like you're compressing on the initial rip, ie., from the original BD disc.
    Bad news and will create a huge bottleneck.
    Rip the BD to the hdd without any compression.
    Then, in the next step, go ahead and compress the hdd files ---> 25 GB disc.

Do the compressed files play back from the hdd with the same freezing/stuttering?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

How do you do that?

How do you compress the hdd files ---> 25 GB disc?

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      It sounds like you're compressing on the initial rip, ie., from the original BD disc.

Do the compressed files play back from the hdd with the same freezing/stuttering?

Comment

I haven't tried. I'll try your idea first and see if it helps.

Comment

How do you compress when writing to disc?

How do you compress when writing to the 25GB disc?

Thanks.

Comment

You don't need to compress if you followed this procedure:-

Rip as Full Dis BD50 to a had disk folder.
            Open that folder as the source and rip to a folder setting as BD25.

Once this is done you can play the BD25 folder with Media Player Classic Homecinema and also check the size of the folder.

If all OK, use ImgBurn to write the data to disk.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Why can't DVDFab do the job?

Thanks, but this sounds complicated. Do you know why DVDFab can't do the job?

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              You don't need to compress if you followed this procedure:-

Rip as Full Dis BD50 to a had disk folder.
              Open that folder as the source and rip to a folder setting as BD25.

Once this is done you can play the BD25 folder with Media Player Classic Homecinema and also check the size of the folder.

If all OK, use ImgBurn to write the data to disk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellavance View Post
                Do you know why DVDFab can't do the job?
                Fab will do this, but trust me, you don't want to do it

You don't want to compress a BD disc from your ODD (burner).
                This will take an inordinate amount of time no matter what software you use and will suck the life out of your burner.

Once you have ripped the non-compressed files to your hdd, then you can go ahead and compress and burn.

But, you're having issues and we don't know why.
                So this time, please do as GregiBoy and I suggested and play back the BD25 files from the hdd with a software player.
                This will help us determine where the problem is.

We also need your logs.

The default location is:
                C:\Users (For XP Documents and Settings)\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Be certain to include your burn log.
                Just copy and paste 'em right here
                Last edited by maineman; 08-22-2010, 10:57 PM.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

All recordings were erased from drive, so I'll have to try again...

Fab will do this, but trust me, you don't want to do it

You don't want to compress a BD disc from your ODD (burner).
                  This will take an inordinate amount of time no matter what software you use and will suck the life out of your burner.

Once you have ripped the non-compressed files to your hdd, then you can go ahead and compress and burn.

But, you're having issues and we don't know why.
                  So this time, please do as GregiBoy suggested and play back the BD25 files from the hdd with a software player.
                  This will help us determine where the problem is.

We also need your logs.

The default location is:
                  C:\Users (For XP Documents and Settings)\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Be certain to include your burn log.
                  Just copy and paste 'em right here

Comment

Originally posted by Bellavance View Post
                    I've tried copying main movie from a 50GB to a 25GB disc. Everything goes well (really slow doing the compression, though, even with an i7-860) but when watching the resulting movie, image freezes 5-10 seconds every few minutes, while time counter on BD Player is still going forward. My Sony BDP-S760 always has latest firmware. What's wrong?
                    i suggest rip only main movie. do not include the menu...i tried this hundred times and works perfectly

Comment

Working...
                    X