This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue copying BR to HD

I have been trying to copy by BR collection to my HD for playback on some of my media servers. I am having a rather odd issue that is making me crazy. I select blue ray - main movie. I then see a large number of chapters. Sometimes I will see one chapter that is the right length for the movie i.e. 1hr30 minutes. Sometimes I will see 2 or 3 chapters that are all the same length. Since I can't tell which one to select, I just usually select the first one and choose to copy the BR to my HD. My problem is this; with some movies I will end up with one big file that is the correct length, but with some other BR movies, I end up with 50 or 60 much smaller files. Basically it seems like some times it will copy the movie into one large file (which I want) other times is seems to split it into 50+ little pieces.

What am I doing wrong? How do I set up the copy to I get the full 1080p quality movie as one large file instead of broken into little pieces?

If there is a better way of doing this please let me know. I am new to this software and have tried to read the instructions, but they do not seem to answer all of my questions.

Thanks!

Originally posted by breadnbutter View Post
    What am I doing wrong? How do I set up the copy to I get the full 1080p quality movie as one large file instead of broken into little pieces?

If there is a better way of doing this please let me know. I am new to this software and have tried to read the instructions, but they do not seem to answer all of my questions.

Thanks!
    breadnbutter,
    you are doing absolutely nothing wrong. It how it suppose to be...
    DVDFab, when copying your BD, preserves the original structure. So, if your BD were originally mastered out of hundred pieces, you will get them all. Frankly, I'm not sure why it bother you...

Anyway, when you encounter several titles with same lenght, it means somewhere in a movie, in a picture foreign language is involved. Disney's Up is a classic example, where in a beginning of movie shown collage of newspapers. So, in "english" version newspapers will be in english, in "french" version - in french and so on. Of course, nobody will make whole separate movie for sake of few scenes like that, instead, movie is cut on pieces and right piece shown at the right time. I hope it make sense so far.
    Also, bunch of pieces is part of the protection (which DVDFab successfully eliminates), scrambled to make it impossible to play in order. DVDFab restoring the order.
    So, my suggestion is not lose sleep over it and don't go nuts or crazy... just leave it along
    Last edited by IPopov50; 08-26-2010, 12:39 AM.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

And understand that BR Copy is just that.

To manipulate disks such as these for your media players into one file, you will need to use the Ripper module.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Could someone either instruct me or point me to a how to where I can take a movie that ends up split in 50+ pieces and merge it back into one large movie. I want to be careful to keep the quality as the original. There is no point in me going through the trouble of extracting these movies if I end up killing the quality by converting it while trying to merge the file.

Thanks.

Comment

Go to the Blu-Ray Ripper and either choose the MT2S or the MKV profiles and use the "Passthrough" feature.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You should probably check to see if your media servers can playback the whole BD folder or a BD ISO, because playing back the single m2ts files is going to give you issues. And if they don't support those, I would suggest the MKV format with the Blu ray Ripper module and not compress it at all, that way you won't have any quality loss.
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
            X