X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using GTX 470 can't compress Blu-ray

Hi

I have tried B5 and BD9 formats using CUDA and GTX 470 card. Everytime I try to write to DVD disks, DVDFAB says the file is too big for the media. Is anyone else having this problem?
    verson 8.0.0.5

Originally posted by hstorey219 View Post
    Hi

I have tried B5 and BD9 formats using CUDA and GTX 470 card. Everytime I try to write to DVD disks, DVDFAB says the file is too big for the media. Is anyone else having this problem?
    verson 8.0.0.5
    Please take a look in Common Settings what size in MB you have set for BD9 and BD5 (DVD SL and DL).
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi

I have dvd-5 set to 4300mb and dvd-9 set to 8100mb

Comment

screen shots to assist

[ATTACH]1422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1424[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by hstorey219 View Post
          Hi

verson 8.0.0.5
          hstorey219,
          your problem is quite simple and easy to resolve, and yes, time to time we come across with problem like yours.
          Let's start with audio tracks you have selected. Track #1 you have selected is LPCM - it's a lossless uncompressed audio format. Because of nature of this format, size of the file usually gigantic. Out of curiosity, you can check your content with MediaInfo or BDInfo and see that size of LPCM stream along probably in neighborhood of 4-5 GB, or as big as a size of media you have allocated for compression. On a top of it, you have selected two more audio streams and video stream. At this point, DVDFab "logic" is this, if I cant physically compress all of it onto 4300 MB, why bother. As a result - your content came out uncompressed.
          You can google Linear PCM (LPCM) and get more detailed info about this format, but in short terms, it's one of a kind, raw format and requires special treatment. Studios, knowing all that, usually supplies a "twin" stream in "simple" format - in your case it's AC3 5.1 (second one you have selected).... I hope you following me a it all make sense to you.
          Now, the solution is to de-select LPCM stream and try again.
          Also, I wouldn't recommend select more than one audio stream because 4300 MB is a very little space for good quality video and two audio streams, even if you transcoding it to 720p. But it's just my personal feeling...

BTW, why do you have only Title 18 selected??? not an entire movie Title 1.
          Last edited by IPopov50; 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks, changing to this audio format works!!!, I was wondering, if the program should try this automaticly for us noobs

Comment

Working...
            X