Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer BDR-205 not writing BD-R - ok on BD-RE though

Hi,

First off let me say I'm new to the world of BD-R buring, but have good experience with DVD-R and CD-R etc.

I have a new (3 week old) Pioneer BDR-205 fw v1.09 and I'm running v8.0.0.5 of DVDfab.

The problem I'm having is that I have not yet been sucessfull in writing to a BD-R, but can write ok to BD-RE's.

I'm currently using the VSO burn engine in DVDfab and have reset the DMA in DVDfab.

I have tried the forllowing BD-R's:-

TDK 1-4x
    RiDisc 4x
    Infiniti 4x (4 of them)

All fail with error code 122 (OPC fail).

I'm not sure if my writer has a fault or there is somthing I have overlooked in the software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I return my drive for a replacement.

Thanks....

Error 122 is.........

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

It seems your new Pioneer does not like your choice of blank media.

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the burner?

You will have a much better chance of success using Imgburn as a burn engine [free] instead of VSO.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2010, 04:42 PM. Reason: add Imgburn comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Error 122 is.........

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

It seems your new Pioneer does not like your choice of blank media.

Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the burner?

You will have a much better chance of success using Imgburn as a burn engine [free] instead of VSO.
      That's what it seem like. Check out the Verbatim LTH Compatibility list. It mentions your pioneer as being compatible. May look into those.
      http://www.verbatim.com/userfiles/fi...patibility.pdf

Comment

Meade, I have a similar problem and the same Pioneer BDR-205 drive as you. While DVDfab seems to recode fine, I can't get the VSO engine to burn correctly. I also had Imgburn installed and I found DVDfab would burn as long as I selected it as the burning engine. You may want to try it instead of VSO. If you don't already have Imgburn, you can download it here. Best burning software, imo.

Comment

Also, regarding btufail's suggestion of LTH media. You want to make sure the media will work not only with the BDR-205 for burning but also the player you ultimately want to play the burned copy on. In other words, if you intend on playing the burned copy on a different drive or Blu-Ray player than the BDR-205, make sure that player is also supported using the link btufail gave you.

Comment

btafuil is right, try ImgBurn. http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Comment

I had the exact same problem and someone on here told me to change setting dvd fab to imgburn and all is well. I sent back 30 verbatim discs and they replaced. That was before i new the info above.

Comment

Working...
              X