Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound but no picture on Panasonic BD Players with 720p

Hi,
    I made a AVCHD BD5 with 720p (only main movie). Burned with NERO on correct UDF 2.5.
    On my Panasonic Blu-ray Player DMP-BD85 with the latest Firmware I see no picture but hear the sound. When I press skip or pause I see a short frequence of the picture.
    I read in many threads that other Panasonic Players have had the same problem.
    Strange is that this disk runs on the Playstation 3 and on Samsung BD Players.
    I tried both: with certificat folder and without, no picture!
    1080p discs with the same settings runs without any problem!
    Problem is similar to:

Please help. Thanks

No one with an idea?
    Fengtao I need help!

Comment

Hi burbank6747 :

I tried what you did, but not repro your problem. The burned disc plays well in my Panasonic Players (DMP BD-60).
      Suggest you try to burn with ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
      If no luck, please give more details. (such as all of logs in here:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Log\ ; or details repro steps).

Thanks,
      Potti

Comment

Thanks Potti,
        I'll try it with ImgBurn.

Comment

Any important or special settings in ImgBurn for AVCHD Standard except UDF 2.50?

Comment

Hi 1st!_Blood%,

I had no success with ImgBurn. I tried it as standalone Burning Programm and integrated in DVDFab with 2 different DVD-Recorders: same effect.
            Here are the Log Files you wished
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi burbank6747 :
              The new version of DVDFab is on forum - 8009beta. Try this please.
              And would you please tell me which movie you ripped failed?
              I think this is the key of prbolem.
              Waiting for your details.

Comment

Hi 1st!_Blood%,
                ok I try new 8009beta.
                All movies I do with 720p failed!
                In first step I always rip the hole disc to the HDD. And than I convert only the main movie with 720p or 1080p/i.
                And again all movies with 1080p/i runs without a problem but the 720p don't run.

Comment

why would u drop resolution?

Comment

Because of my only HD-ready TV.

But please no discussion what resolution is better! The program has this 720p mode and therefore it should work.

Comment

Maybe this is a compatibility issue.

Comment

I don't know if this is the same problem but I had a similar issue a few months ago. My problem was not just my Panasonic player but my Sony and Samsung as well. There was sound but no picture on 3 different Blu-Rays that I copied. After trying to figure out when the problem started, I realized that I had loaded a couple of pieces of software during this time(I don't recall what the software programs were but they were video related and free downloads). I uninstalled all software that I loaded between the bad copies and the good copies and it fixed my problem. At least one software program apparently was causing a conflict.

If you have loaded any additional software recently, you may want to uninstall it and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

Hi 1st!_Blood%,

Fengtao did a great work. It seems to work! With 8.0.1.0 Beta program crashes while encoding. But with 8.0.1.1 Beta I can make discs with 720p!
                          I'll do more test.
                          @ Fengtao: Something must be changed or new in this Beta?

Comment

Hi 1st!_Blood%,

the problem is solved. Tested with different Blu-rays. All runs without any problem in 720p on my Panasonic BD 85.
                            Thanks for helping

Comment

Good news and wlc!

Comment

Working...
                              X