Multiple titles for The Wolfman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple titles for The Wolfman

I just acquired the BD "The Wolfman" (US region) and want to rip the main title to HDD so I can play it with my media player. When I select the main title option in Fab, 4 "main titles" show up: titles 2, 3, 502, 503.

Can someone save me the trouble of empirically ripping all four and tell me which one is the correct title to rip?
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Just preview each one in the little preview box in the lower left and pick the right one. The main movie is the one with the HD audio track and probably a couple other ones. Also, you can look on the back of the BD case and see what the running time of the movie is, then look at Fab and that should narrow it down as well. I don't have The Wolfman in front of me, otherwise I would look for you.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Hi kelson
      I am not sure if this works for Blu-Ray but, put the movie in your player and as the movie is playing take note of what Title# it is, when you open Fab and it analyzes the disc make sure it is the same Title# that was playing as before and chose that number.
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
        Just preview each one in the little preview box in the lower left and pick the right one. The main movie is the one with the HD audio track and probably a couple other ones. Also, you can look on the back of the BD case and see what the running time of the movie is, then look at Fab and that should narrow it down as well. I don't have The Wolfman in front of me, otherwise I would look for you.
        Actually all four of them have exactly the same audio tracks. I can't preview them in the little box because my PC is 7 yr old and doesn't have the horsepower to play BD files.

I went ahead and queued up the rips. The tiles rip to 23 separate .m2ts files. I've seen that before where they use that technique to customize the title for different languages. For example Disney's UP is authored like that and each title contains a slightly different set of .m2ts files so that segments of the movie with printed material on screen appear in different languages.

However, in the case of Wolfman, all four title rips are identical. Each rip has the same set of 23 .m2ts files. I'll just have to scan through them with my media player and see if there is any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi kelson
          I am not sure if this works for Blu-Ray but, put the movie in your player and as the movie is playing take note of what Title# it is, when you open Fab and it analyzes the disc make sure it is the same Title# that was playing as before and chose that number.
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          That would certainly be the easy way and for DVD's I would have done that already. However, in this case, I have neither a BluRay player nor a PC powerful enough to playback the disk.

Comment

Well, I don't see anyone suggesting a solution to the issue here. I am having this problem, where there are many files in the ripped stream, and trying to play them in any media player they play in the wrong order. Picking different titles does not appear to solve the problem... I have tried the beta version of Fab, as well, with no luck. I have spent an outrageous amount of time trying to get this to work for me.

Comment

Thats because the disc is authored that way, where they come out as a bunch of m2ts files in no certain order, its just the way it is. DVDFab copies the disc bit for bit, so thats how it will turn out. You should not be trying to playback the m2ts files in the STREAM folder anyways. You should either watch the whole folder, with something like MPC-Home Cinema(FREE) or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre(NOT FREE), or rip to ISO and mount it with DVDFab Virtual Drive and watch that in whatever(MPC, VLC, PowerDVD, Arcsoft). Discs that are authored like this are called seamless branching by the way, and besides the fact of a whole bunch of files, if you try playing back just the m2ts files, there's another problem of codec issues. Most players won't be able to decode the HD audio in the blu ray if you're playing the files.
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

wolfman

I will try the media player you suggested... The burner is still pretty new, but this is the only movie I have had trouble with. Even DVD fab won't play it in the preview window, without it pausing ever second.

At this point I am very disappointed with my blue ray experience. The powerdvd 8 does not seem to play any of the blu rays at all, but trying the powerdvd 10 i was able play the actual disk, although I only tried this over the last couple days... Because of this problem, I have been trying to rip them to the hard drive, as it has worked on the other titles, and I do not want to fork out the money for a soft dvd player... This should not be so hard. I will give that player you mentioned a shot. thanx...

(and everything is fully updated... it is not a firmware issue)
                Last edited by jordy; 09-13-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: better explanation

Comment

You may need to use DVDFab Passkey to watch Blu-ray if your computer not HDCP compliant

Comment

works

ok, thanx racem22... that player worked great... problem nearly solved... i have not tried to play the actual disk, but it played the ripped file, which is pretty much good enough... I should have posted here a few days ago...

And everything is compliant, as far as I understand... I run a DVI to the full 1080 by 1920 monitor, and HDMI to the TV... The computer is a quad-core with 4 gigs of ram, and a gig to video on top of this.

Comment

Working...
                    X