"analyzing" when there is no compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"analyzing" when there is no compression

I use Fab to rip the main title of my BD's to HDD without any compression so that they can be played on my media player (I don't even have a BD player). When I select the main title option and select the main title to rip, an analyzing progress bar appears at the bottom of the window and takes a while to complete whatever task is being done. As I noted, I don't compress anything so the target size drop-down is always set to BD-50.

What I find is that I don't have to wait for the "analyzing" to complete before I can click on next and then start the rip. I can just click through immediately after making my title selection. So far, for all the BD's I've ripped I just click through and start ripping immediately and everything seems to be just fine. So my questions are:

What is "analyzing" doing if I'm not using any compression?

Should I be waiting for the "analyzing" to finish anyway before clicking through? Or does is matter (I would assume that if it mattered, DVD Fab wouldn't let you go on to the next menu until it completed).
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Yeah I always let it finish before I click next just in case, you might run into issues later if you don't. I think it lets you click next before its done because after you click next it will go through and analyze it anyways, just look at the log box when you start it, it will say analyzing then analyzing completed successfully.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
    X