BD-50 TO BD-25 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD-50 TO BD-25 Question

I am backing up just the main movie of a blu-ray. I tell it the target is a BD-25. When it is done the resulting iso is only 21.7 GB. Why is this? I thought a BD-25 could fit 23.3 GB?
    I almost know what I'm doing some of the time

Yes a BD-25 can hold 23.3 gig or around there, but you're never going to get exactly 23.3 gig. If you really want to get it as big as it will possibly go, click on the little green checkmark in the top right of DVDFab and go to the "Write" option under DVD/Blu-ray and set the Writable Media(BD-25) Size to Customize and raise it up a bit. Note that it is set on 23700 MB as default which is about 23.14 gig so as a warning you might waste countless hours of encoding to find out that its too big now, so be careful.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by JERECHO View Post
      I am backing up just the main movie of a blu-ray. I tell it the target is a BD-25. When it is done the resulting iso is only 21.7 GB. Why is this? I thought a BD-25 could fit 23.3 GB?
      Well could be that the Main Movie is only 21.7gb with audio and subtitles depending on what you selected. You need to remember all the extras and menu and other stuff take up room as well and just doing main movie removes all that and leaves you with a size that you are getting

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        Well could be that the Main Movie is only 21.7gb with audio and subtitles depending on what you selected. You need to remember all the extras and menu and other stuff take up room as well and just doing main movie removes all that and leaves you with a size that you are getting
        The iso I am trying to shrink down is already the main movie only. It's about 27 gb now. I'm going to try the other suggestion of increasing the size in the options tab and hopefully I don't go over since it takes about 2.5 hours to re-encode!!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I up'd the rip to 22.7 gb but now when I watch it it is very choppy and freezes alot. Oh well, guess I'll continue to backup 1:1 copies.

Comment

Originally posted by JERECHO View Post
            The iso I am trying to shrink down is already the main movie only. It's about 27 gb now. I'm going to try the other suggestion of increasing the size in the options tab and hopefully I don't go over since it takes about 2.5 hours to re-encode!!

Thanks for the help!
            Well you never said that in your first post. We need details if you are looking for help

Comment

i found my disk r/w for testing fail if i get a movie at 23.3 ish

I reduced the size to compress to in the customize section because
              dvdfab and others didnt like that size onto a verbatim BDRE

i think i have it at 22.5 and no failures do to size, it also wouldnt tell you its to large to burn it would burn then give errors when it failed

hope this helps
              Last edited by DJuanHouston; 09-23-2010, 06:39 PM. Reason: sorry entered larger number than disk holds and cant speel

Comment

Working...
              X