Newbie- Help with setup of Blu-ray options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie- Help with setup of Blu-ray options

Hi I'm new to this and need some advise on selecting options in DVDFab Blu-ray Full disc copy. It's taking up to 8 hours to copy a disc. When I go into the General Settings A/V Codec I do not know what to select. The following are the current settings.

Under Video Decoder:

H.264 - Software
    VC1 - Software
    MPEG2 - Software

Under Video Encoder:

H.264 - Software + Cuda

My system:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 6.26 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 13.6 GB
    Size 1.82 TB (2,000,291,885,056 bytes)
    Free Space 1.75 TB (1,926,392,320,000 bytes)
    Lite-On Cd/DVD/Writer/Blu-ray Player Combo
    LG BE06LV10 Blu-ray Player/Writer

If someone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Terry

Well, I believe the 4xxx series of geforce cards are now supported, so try setting H264 and VC-1 to CUDA instead of SOFTWARE and try again and leave the encoder set to where it is already. Also, make sure your video card driver is up to date.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

That's just what I tried and it is still taking 7 hours to copy the disk. What determines the copy speed? Writing to a disk takes about 30 minutes. The writer is a 6X.

Comment

Dear sandman49:

Maybe this cause of special movie, so would you please tell me which movie your ripped?

Comment

Are you attempting to compress as you rip from the disc?
          If so, please do not to so.
          This will increase the rip time substantially, not to mention the wear and tear on your burner and the added frustration.

Compress only from the ripped files on the hdd.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. All I have done is select blu-ray copy main movie and checked remove hd. The software then analyzes the movie and starts the copy. For example right now I'm trying to copy Iron Man and it's coping at 1.13mb/s and its been running for 3h and 50 min and still has another 3h and 30 min to go. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

sandman49
              My friend maineman is trying to say rip the full disc to hard drive first, and then after that is done select main movie browse to where the file was ripped to and use that as your source to compress it down to save wear and tear on your drive
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Are you saying make an ISO copy then burn from there? If that is not what you mean please explain how to do this. Remember I've only had the software a few days. Also I only purchased the blu-ray copy not the whole suite.

Comment

No, you don't have to rip to an .ISO.
                  I mean you can if you wish to, but the format is dependent on how you wish to modify/output the files.

We're simply saying do not compress on the initial rip from the dvd

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

So how do I do that.

Comment

Ok, maybe I'm just confusing you...sorry aout that.
                      You have a fairly robust system.
                      Given your system, a rip time of 8 hours is wholly abnormal.
                      I should think you should see times of an hour, maybe 1 1/2 hours depending.

Not knowing any specifics, my first guess was that you're compressing from the disc. This creates a huge bottleneck re: the rate of data transfer.

You may not be doing this. It was just my first guess.

Are you currently ripping Iron Man or Iron Man II ?
                      Full Disc, Main Movie?
                      Target size BD50 ? BD25?

Please post the related logs, ie., burn log, internal log and process log.
                      Just copy and paste 'em right here.

The default location is:
                      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Last edited by maineman; 09-13-2010, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I'm copying Iron Man 1. There are only two logs right now.Maybe because it is still burning.

I think I'm compressing now. I select the main movie but I'm also selecting 25GB/1080i option.
                        Attached Files

Comment

They're basically saying, when you first go into the Blu-ray Copy module, select Full Disk instead of Main Movie and don't just leave it the way it is, don't uncheck anything, and make sure the output at the bottom is set to BD-50, not BD-25. This will create a basic copy of the whole disc on your hard drive. When it's done, go back into DVDFab, click on the Main Movie option, and select the ripped folder as the source and whatever you want as the target(i.e. where it will copy it to), and select BD-25 as output. Uncheck everything that you don't want, other audio tracks, other subtitles, etc. Then click start. This should take substantially less time.
                          SPECS
                          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                          X