This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken Movie Only Too big to burn

Upon using trial version 6120 my BD25 was too large to fit on the disc. I left
    the audio options as default :

2 English
    2 French
    1 Spanish

Title angle 14
    Play time 1:33:20
    Chapters 25
    Aspect Ration 16x9
    Format 1080p/AVC MPEG4

There are 11 .m2ts files ( 00074 & 00184 thru 00197 )

BD25 movie only, software reports file size ( 25.521 GB -> 23.145 GB ) yet
    resulting files are reported by windows as 24.0 GB and when attempting to
    use the "Write Data" feature it informs me i need a BD50 disc to burn data
    and so i tried Imgburn and it reports it as being too big as well.

On another note it seems if i want to keep the menu and all extras that i must have a BD50. At this stage i suppose DVDFab only supports movie
    only compression ? The size of the original source is approx 38 GB so i imagine
    if i want to keep the menus,extras and both the theatrical and unrated versions of the film i need to use a BD50 disk and just use imgburn to burn
    the files ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Phe0nix; 10-25-2009, 05:30 AM. Reason: Add logs

Hello, anyone from DVDFab care to reply to my week old post. As i stated i selected the BD25 option and the movie only option resulted in a movie that
    was too large to be burned to a BD25 as selected. According to the DVDFab
    it was to come out 23 GB but came out as 24 GB which is too big for a BD25.

My trial will expire soon and i won't be able to use the trial again so if i can't
    get it working why would i or anyone else ever buy it after it produced incorrect
    results ?

Comment

Originally posted by Phe0nix View Post
      Hello, anyone from DVDFab care to reply to my week old post. As i stated i selected the BD25 option and the movie only option resulted in a movie that
      was too large to be burned to a BD25 as selected. According to the DVDFab
      it was to come out 23 GB but came out as 24 GB which is too big for a BD25.

My trial will expire soon and i won't be able to use the trial again so if i can't
      get it working why would i or anyone else ever buy it after it produced incorrect
      results ?
      Hi PheOnix, and welcome to DVDfab forum
      Well, I am not from DVDFab, but I'll reply to your post,
      so you start your back up in main movie,is there a reason you keep all the subs, to help the compression process you should strip out what you don't need, in the audio, again I strip out all but either ACH or PCM and I only keep one or the other,
      and that is a good heads up to use ImgBurn vs. VSO, so give this a try, and if you still have problems get back to me, but I ask that you be patient with me, as it might take a couple of days to respond to your post.
      Good Luck

Comment

Didn't work

I followed your advice and removed all languages except for english and it still
        came out too big to burn to a BD25. I however was successful with BD Rebuilder and it worked perfectly except it took 2 hours.

When DVDFab fixes this problem can i expect to be able to use it for 30 days again as this trial does me no good as it doesn't function properly.

Thank You

Comment

No. The trial will expire 30 days from the time you started using it.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

All,

Just to chime in a bit. I have DVDFAB BD-BD setup to use IMGBURN as the burner. What I notice is that what DVDFAB reports as the final file size (for example, 20.3 gb), seems to be understated. When IMGBURN starts up, many times I've received a warning indicating that the file to burn exceeds the BD25 capacity (even though DVDFAB reported a smaller value). When I check the directory from WinXP, it indeed shows a larger size than what DVDFAB originally reported.

I don't know if this is a bug, or a "feature" or what, but I simply use "overestimate" what DVDFAB reports just to be safe (I take out all the subtitles, and other languages).

-Kevin.

Comment

I agree with both members. I am also trying to burn the "movie only" of taken and when the movie only is selected in dvd fab (registered) with only dts and english selected, it says it will use 22.3gigs.

I start processing and it run through all the files and the output is 24.7 gigs, then I use imgburn to create the iso and that is 26gigs. Which of course is too large to burn on a 25g disc.

Anybody help would be appreciated.
              Thanks

Comment

Check the writable media size within Fab for BD25. The default should be 23,700MB.

Comment

I too am having the same problems. Mine occur with Terminator:Salvation BD & Harry Potter & the Half Bllod Prince BD. Both "movie onlys" were just slightly larger than 25GB, so little compression would be needed, but when done (I burned an ISO to disk) the are reported by ImgBurn as too large to fit on a BD25 disk. Actually tried one, thinking it might work, but it failed to write all the file.

My BD write size was the default of 23,700, and I even lowered it to 22,700 to see it it would work. Both ISO's were still slightly over 24GB.
                  Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (Stock)
                  Gigabyte EP45-UD3P w/ FD Bios
                  4MB G.Skill PC2-6400
                  nVidia GeForce GT 240

Comment

Okay, I have been able to confirm this as a DVD Fab issue.

To prove this theory, I ripped the movie only (Taken and HP6) using Blu-ray to Blu-ray (registered), then I loaded up a freeware util called DB Rebuilder and selected movie only again and it removed at least 4 more title sets from each movie only rip.

I processed them (took forever) and I was able to burn them onto a BD25 disc without any problem.

Please keep in mind that both of these movies had BD+ so it might be that DVD Fab still needs more work decrypting these.

I hope this helps for the next release.
                    Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X