Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has ANYONE gotten IRON MAN - Ultimate 2-Disc Edition to work???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has ANYONE gotten IRON MAN - Ultimate 2-Disc Edition to work???

Always the same issue, after selecting region, it tries to load and DVDFab just closes. In the internal log, last line is: "got unit key 7".

I tried a few discs and they all load fine. Heck even the disc 2 of Iron man works fine - unfortunately not the one that contains the movie

UPDATE: Tried it on a trial version of Any DVD HD and it fails ripping the ISO with error about 20 mins in.

Any suggestions? I can watch this disc perfectly fine...

Ok, here are the log files, only one seems relevant, dvdfab_internal:

DVDFab 6.1.2.0 (2009/10/25 05:54:05)
    0m 33.53s: detected blu-ray
    0m 33.53s: drive D
    0m 33.53s: volume label IRON_MAN_D2
    0m 38.71s: root 8CAC22210890CA27_VOLUME_SET_ID:IRON_MAN_D2:IRON_MA N_D2:IRON_MAN_D2
    0m 39.25s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 39.25s: got discinfo
    0m 39.32s: got bdmv
    0m 39.32s: got agid
    0m 39.39s: sent host cert chal
    0m 39.40s: got drive cert chal
    0m 39.46s: got drive key
    0m 39.73s: got host key signature
    0m 39.73s: verified drive signature
    0m 39.73s: verified host signature
    0m 39.84s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 39.84s: got bus key
    0m 39.84s: got volume id
    0m 39.84s: got volume id mac
    0m 39.84s: volume id is correct
    0m 39.84s: got vid
    0m 40.64s: got vuk
    0m 40.68s: got unit key 1
    0m 48.29s: got extended bdinfo

Here's the VSO one:

2009-10-25 05:35:15 ---- ******************** Log session stop 25-Oct 05:35:15.453 PID 1044********************
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info Current Drive selected : 2:0:0 - MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 1.00 [D] (Ide)
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info DLL Version : 4.0.5.464
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\vso_hwe.dll
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info Version : 6, 1, 2, 0
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
    2009-10-25 03:00:34 ---- ******************** Log session start 25-Oct 03:00:34.437 PID 1044********************

I am using the latest version of dvdfab (6.1.2.0)

Comment

Originally posted by berhack View Post
      Always the same issue, after selecting region, it tries to load and DVDFab just closes. In the internal log, last line is: "got unit key 7".

I tried a few discs and they all load fine. Heck even the disc 2 of Iron man works fine - unfortunately not the one that contains the movie

UPDATE: Tried it on a trial version of Any DVD HD and it fails ripping the ISO with error about 20 mins in.

Very likely it is bad disc. Just because it's play fine doesn't mean it's fine. Exchange the disc.
      If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
        Very likely it is bad disc. Just because it's play fine doesn't mean it's fine. Exchange the disc.
        I could never understand this but probably I don't understand the way the DVD drive hardware works when supplying data to be rendered to screen as opposed to supplying the data to be copied. You'd think it's the exact same thing no?

Another point of interest, and sorry for being off topic here, why would companies spend millions of dollars investing in copy protection schemes using encryption, when all they have to do is leverage this method in preventing the hardware to even be able to read the disc for copying (while it still works for watching)... Sorry of I am missing the obvious here

Comment

Yes.... As hawk said it is most probably a faulty disk or pressing.

There have been quite a number of problems like this lately as the quality of pressing seems to have dropped.

Take it back to where you bought it and tell them it doesn't play correctly and demand a replacement.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I don't have ultimate, but I had no problem backing up the regular version.

Comment

Originally posted by berhack View Post

Exact same issue here, on 3 different copies of the same movie, I tried mine, my friends and my borthers, with exactly the same results. All 3 copies are the Ultimate 2 disc edition as well. Seems odd that everyone I know that owns the movie has bad discs?

Comment

Fengtao and Team is working on a Blu-ray scanning/reading scheme that is causing some issues. For example, I was able to get Journey to the Center of the Earth to work but not Total Recall, Gladiator, and the Dark Knight.

Comment

dark knight works fine for me in earlier version and so does iron man.

Comment

Transformer's worked. Migrated to Win 7

Transformers worked but then I migrated to Windows 7 and no Blu-ray disks seem to rip. I'm trying to get Ironman to rip now.

Comment

Correction. After additional work with Windows 7:

Dark Night = Worked fine
                      GI Joe = Worked fine
                      Transformers 2 = Worked Fine

Ironman = Still Crashes

Comment

Iron Man Ultimate 2-disc

Yep... me too. Just purchased "Iron Man Ultimate 2-disc". Both discs play fine on stand alone player. No problems with DvdFab on disc 2 (extras). Disc 1 (main movie) is not even recognized. Tried v.6.1.2.8 as well as Beta 7.1.2.5. Same results with both. Brought it back for exchange.... same problem. Even went as far as trying a "Iron Man Ultimate 2-disc" from a totally different store. 3 separate copies from two separate stores?? I'm convinced this is strong copy protection..... not... a bad disc.

Comment

Working...
                        X