Letters to Juliet MISSING main movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters to Juliet MISSING main movie

First I want to say, the wife bought this movie, not me. I didn't watch it and have no intention..

Now that my manhood is still in tact..

Using 8.0.1.1 I ripped the full disc to an ISO.

Now opened that ISO with 8.0.1.1 and everything looks fine. There is 1 entry lager than 30 mins (about 1.5 hours) so that's the main movie. So I select it and try to burn it. Half way through or so, my entire computer crashes and restarts. Okay, we'll call it a glitch. I do it again, same thing. I try to rip the main movie to ISO (from the full disc ISO), same thing. Computer crashes.

Okay, so I load the full disc ISO and let the entire movie play - plays fine. Okay, so the rip was good.

Okay.. so I decide to try the version 6 I still have. I load up the same full disc ISO - There are now TWO main movie entries. One is the director's commentary, and the other one is the movie. So I use the preview and find the real movie, then I rip it to main movie ISO (again, using the same full disc ISO as above), it works fine - no crash!. So I load it in vitrual drive and let it play. It plays the entire thing fine.

Since it cause a crash on the entire system, no logs are generated. (This system is VERY bare. Windows 7 and DVDFab and Everquest2 (a game). Nothing else has ever been installed.

I've included screen shots so you can see I'm not crazy..

Edit: Okay, upon further investigation, the directory's commendary is just a different audio stream. The second (missing) file in 8.0.1.1 is.. uhh.. honestly I don't know. Probably one of those random "extras". I watched it for like 5 mins and it doesn't seem to be the movie, but it's pictures / people from the movie. So really the problem is what is causing it to crash...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kannkor; 09-20-2010, 06:44 AM.

Okay, to add.
    I just tried the Full disc ISO to main movie only with NO compression (previously it needed to be compressed to fit on a BD25.). I did a main movie ISO with no compression and it worked fine. So it seems the problem is in the compression.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannkor View Post
      Okay, to add.
      I just tried the Full disc ISO to main movie only with NO compression (previously it needed to be compressed to fit on a BD25.). I did a main movie ISO with no compression and it worked fine. So it seems the problem is in the compression.
      If your computer is crashing while compressing then something wrong with the computer. Maybe check and make sure it clean inside the computer or better yet rip Full Disc to computer and then use that rip to compress instead of straight from BD. Will not generate as much heat and will save the life of your BD drive as compressing adds a lot of ware & tare on the BD drive

Comment

@AGJ
        It appeares OP does ripping full disc to HDD first.
        Using 8.0.1.1 I ripped the full disc to an ISO
        @Kannkor
        please provide more info about your sysytem. Seems to me, you crash is overheating-related. Video converting is a very CPU power demanding process, and if your system doesn't have sufficient cooling (faulty fan, computer placed in confined space, etc.) temperature building up as process going, and somewhere in a mids of it, your computer can't bare it anymore and shuts itself down (crashes).
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          @AGJ
          It appeares OP does ripping full disc to HDD first.
          From all the reading I forgot that was done

Comment

So I found the "issue". I can say for certain, it isn't my computer overheating, or anything of the sort. When I game, I run 6 sessions of Everquest2 for up to 12 hours at a time. This runs the video card and processor pretty high to their limits no problem. The copying is less than 1-2 hours. Also, why would it crash on version 8 but not version 6?

Having said that, I kept trying things - I found there was a update for my video card... I updated the video card driver, and it worked.. So something in V8 must use something from the latest video card driver that cases a crash if it isn't there.

Comment

Well thanks for posting back that it fixed and it always good to keep the video cards driver updated especially if you have a Cuda enabled card

Comment

Yea, they weren't all that old as I usually keep them quite up to date. But.. at least it's fixed.

Now that the crash is fixed.. any ideas about why v6 shows 2 and v8 only shows 1 "main" entry? They are definitely different.

Comment

No idea but I have this BD and will give it a look when I get home

Comment

Forgot about this so will start it now and post results when I'm done. my computer takes a long time for compressing so I not able to post till early morning or in the evening when I get home from work

Comment

Working...
                    X