Blue Ray to DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Ray to DVD?

OK, so I got the trial Blu-ray copy program & am trying before I buy. I can not seem to figure out how to;
    Burn a DVD disk from a Blueray disk.

I've tried the blueray to blueray, main movie, selected the no HD audio, & only the movie and english audio. I also selected 720p as a resolution. I'll be watching this on my car/portable dvdplayer so quality isn't hugely important. But getting the commentaries are important. It did not work.

I got a disk too small error code, "Task_2 Error=105". How can I tell prior to encoding if it'll fit on to a standard disk?

Is there an easier way of copying (for my personal use) a Blueray to a dvd?
    I'd love to do a simple one click 'copy all' to a single layer disk.

Is there a 'how to' for this any where? I've searched, perhaps not well, but to no avail. I'd be happy to post logs if that'll help tomorrow.

No can do with Fab, not yet anyway.
    While you can compress BD to BD25, BD9 & BD5, they all are still BD and will require BD players unless you play via a media player.

This has been requested and may be in the works, but there is no word yet from Fengtao
    Last edited by maineman; 09-23-2010, 03:16 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

that is a deal breaker.

I like the fab software tho. Random thought here, If I convert the BD to an AVI/Mpeg file & burn it, might that disk play in a DVD player?
      I don't mind throwing a few disks away to test the process as long as it is a possibility.

Comment

If your player can read the codec, yes.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

That's the whole point of having a bluray. When you convert to DVD, you have to slam the resolution back down to 720x480 or the like. Go and buy a cheap blu ray player(or media player) and shrink down to an AVCHD, which is still a bluray structure, but on a DVD and a lot better quality.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

It's kinda hard to swap out the player in my car dashboard. And do they make portable BD players? I like to listen/watch the commentarys on my portable.

I've won't be able to test the codec's until monday. I'm restricted because of a surprise birthday present of my old computer. There was a error code at the end of creating the MPEG4 file so I'm not sure if I'll get a good burn.
            Last edited by adapa; 09-26-2010, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adapa View Post
              It's kinda hard to swap out the player in my car dashboard. And do they make portable BD players? I like to listen/watch the comentarys on my portable.
              I've won't be able to test the codec's until monday.
              As stated read the manual on you car DVD player if it will play different formats it should work by converting, if not heres a portable http://tinyurl.com/397r5c2
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm not sure if I should be recommending this in this thread, so, mods, if you don't like it, feel free to delete
                Last edited by AGJ; 09-26-2010, 06:34 AM. Reason: delete
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Blu-ray to DVD is in the works so mentioning a program that can do what DVDFab will be able to do is, Well you know

Refer to the 2 links below about DVDFab and Blu-ray to DVD

Comment

reply to "Task_2 Error=105".

OK, so I got the trial Blu-ray copy program & am trying before I buy. I can not seem to figure out how to;
                    Burn a DVD disk from a Blueray disk.

I've tried the blueray to blueray, main movie, selected the no HD audio, & only the movie and english audio. I also selected 720p as a resolution. I'll be watching this on my car/portable dvdplayer so quality isn't hugely important. But getting the commentaries are important. It did not work.

I got a disk too small error code, "Task_2 Error=105". How can I tell prior to encoding if it'll fit on to a standard disk?

Is there an easier way of copying (for my personal use) a Blueray to a dvd?
                    I'd love to do a simple one click 'copy all' to a single layer disk.

Is there a 'how to' for this any where? I've searched, perhaps not well, but to no avail. I'd be happy to post logs if that'll help tomorrow.
                    Please understand that the burned DVD is with m2ts files since you are copying Blu-ray Disc and and can not play on standalone DVD player.

Task_2 Error=105 means that files are too big to fit on a DVD+/-R(W). Please burn the materials to a dual layer disc.
                    You can also open common settings window, click "Write" in the left navigation bar, and then adjust the writable media size for DVD5 or DVD9 to larger size to hold more materials.
                    Last edited by cici Jia; 09-26-2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      As stated read the manual on you car DVD player if it will play different formats it should work by converting, if not heres a portable http://tinyurl.com/397r5c2
                      CBR929
                      Please accept my apology. I was attempting to be funny. I fully understand the quality of the BD's are much better & ideally I'd love to afford to convert everything to Blueray but I can't afford it. Plus the DVD's machine's(car &portable) have a 5" to 7" screens & are barely stereo so it hardly seems worth it.
                      As soon as I get some time on my new computer, I will work on getting the BD's converted to MPEG4 & burned. Hopefully the codec's will work on my DVD players.

Originally posted by AGJ
                      Blu-ray to DVD is in the works.....
                      Nice! Which program will it be in, Blue-ray copy? I ask 'cuz I want to future proof my purchase.

Originally posted by cici Jia
                      ....You can also open common settings window, click "Write" in the left navigation bar, and then adjust the writable media size for DVD5 or DVD9 to larger size to hold more materials.
                      Thank you. Once I get the file into a dvd format vs a blueray format, I will try this!

Comment

Nice! Which program will it be in, Blue-ray copy? I ask 'cuz I want to future proof my purchase.
                        Not sure as in post #2 of link below all it says is on todo list with high priority but with no time table for when available

Comment

I'm just wondering if it'll be in BR ripper or copy. I think I'm using ripper to change the BRay disks to MPEG's. If so, it'd be super nice if it was gonna be included into Ripper when it's baked.

Comment

Working...
                          X