Crazy Heart Not Scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Heart Not Scanning

I'm backing up Main Movie of Crazy Heart to ISO on Hard Drive and when I select the particular Title, DVDFab does not begin scanning as it usually does. I selected other titles and none of them initiated scanning. I continued with the normal backup process and the BR got copied seemingly fine. The playback seems a little choppy, but I've had that issue with other BR's, so I don't think it has anything to do with the absense of scanning. But since I've never seen a BR go unscanned, I thought I'd inquire about this. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this may be happening for this BR?

Where's the love on this topic?? I would have thought the lack of scanning was an unusual issue but perhaps it happens with some discs?

Comment

Would you please try to play this original BD movie on your PC Blu-ray player or your standalone BD Player to see whether it can play smoothly or not. Also, could you please use the other Blu-ray DVDs to see if this is a universal problem, or just for this one?

Comment

1. If it's a universal problem, please feel free to install DVDFab 8.0.1.6 Beta at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA to see the result.

2. You also can open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then copy this movie to your HDD again to see the result.

Comment

Thanks Malcolm. I think you may have solved issue, although it seems like bad news for me. I did play BR in regular HTPC BR and it skipped/stuttered, etc similar to when I'm playing ISO via virtual drive. Thus, I can only believe that it's a resource problem for my HTPC. It's a Viewsonic VOT 550, http://www.viewsonic.com/products/pc...ini/vot550.htm , can you take a look at specs and give opinion as to whether you think that may be the problem.

I'm going to be obviously disappointed as I just bought the machine about four months ago. I only recently converted to BR and went straight to ripping to HD versus watching them from the BR drive. It would have never occurred to me that a machine with a BR drive/capability wouldn't actually be able to play it back properly.

Is there any tweaks that people do to their htpc's to enable maximum resources? I don't have much on the computer, just run MyMovies, VirtualCloneDrive, and Airmouse.

Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise I'm going to have to do some smooth talking with Viewsonic/J&R to convince them to take computer back.

Thanks.

Comment

What is the graphics card on this computer as that is the important part for playing back movies on computer. If it onboard graphics even a DVD will playback with problems

Comment

I'm not completely sure where to find this info, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed. I went to "Device Manager" and I see two items that may answer your question. First, under "Display adapters", it says "Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family". Then there's the "Sound, video and game controllers", which says "Intel High Definition Audio HDMI. Do either of these answer your question? I would be shocked if Viewsonic is selling an HTPC with a BR drive that can't even play BR (and possibly DVD for that matter). I haven't seen many issues in playing back DVD files from HD, which had me thinking it may be a processor issue (Core Duo 2.2 Ghz). I'm starting to think that it may be a combination of the processor and the video card. Unfortunately it could be an expensive mistake.

One thing I notice is that at the bottom right in the task bar, one of the programs running is the "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile", which sounds consistent with the first item I mentioned above as what I thought may be the graphics card.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
              X