v 8.x.x.x CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v 8.x.x.x CPU usage

Since using version 8.x.x.x the cpu usage is at about 40% when coding.

Working with Version 7. ; 6. it used 100% (still).

Of course there is a huge gap in MB/s from 100% to 40% and makes the program no longer usefull as it takes about 10 hours for 1 BD.

CPU is a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40 GHz using a NVIDIA GeForce 8400 G
    CUDA is activated.

Any solutions for the problem or just hope the next version works fine again?

Originally posted by red1 View Post

Of course there is a huge gap in MB/s from 100% to 40% and makes the program no longer usefull as it takes about 10 hours for 1 BD.

CUDA is activated.

Clcik link below and post all info mentioned to your next post reply to this thread

Comment

Simply turn off the CUDA acceleration (revert to simply 'software') - your CPU usage will return to 100% and you should see your MB/s return to what it was.

I don't think the 8400 has enough CUDA cores to actually benefit you, so as a result you're actually seeing worse performance by using it.

Comment

cpuuse

Originally posted by red1 View Post

CUDA is activated.

For your problems, please open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA" to see the result.

Please shut down all the other tasks in your Windows task manager. Multitasking is therefore a pain while you copy or burn a DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by cici Jia View Post
          For your problems, please open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA" to see the result.

Please shut down all the other tasks in your Windows task manager. Multitasking is therefore a pain while you copy or burn a DVD.
          Resetting DMA didn't change anything.

Windows 7 32-Bit

CUDA is activated
          2 GB RAM

Originally posted by tiredtown View Post
          Simply turn off the CUDA acceleration (revert to simply 'software') - your CPU usage will return to 100% and you should see your MB/s return to what it was.

I don't think the 8400 has enough CUDA cores to actually benefit you, so as a result you're actually seeing worse performance by using it.
          I think I wrote V 7.x.x.x and V 6.x.x.x worked fine so it should do with V 8.x.x.x too.
          CUDA is activated because it actually makes the process a little bit faster. I wouldn't have activated it other ways...

------------------------

Everything worked fine bevore V 8.x.x.x.

All i want is that the CPU is used to 100% again. As it shows right now there is only 35-45% used.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by red1; 09-28-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X