OK what the heck is going on now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK what the heck is going on now

OK I did what you suggested and installed the latest beta version. I installed it over v8.0.0.5. Should I have un-installed the earlier version first then installed the beta version.

The movie I'm trying to copy is the Sapphire Series Of Gladiator. I did the a full copy with no compression to the default folder of DVDFab on my HD.

I then did a Full Disc conversion from 50GB to 25GB to and the Default ISO folder.

All that went without a hitch.

I used DVDFab Virtual Drive to play back the ISO file using CyberLink Power DVD 10 Mark II for playback. About an 1hr and 45 min into the movie the video started freeze an start and freeze. The audio played fine. Another 5 min further into the movie I got the blue screen of death and win 7 64 bit created a crash dump file and the shut down my pc and restarted.

BTW the orginal Blu-ray plays fine. I don't know where to find the crash dump file so that I can post that as well.

I have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks
    Last edited by sandman49; 09-27-2010, 03:50 AM.

Please attach that crashdump (c:\windows\minidump).
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 09-27-2010, 04:03 AM.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

here is the file you requested
      Attached Files

Comment

Please install latest NVIDIA drivers.
        Crash is happening in nvlddmkm.sys
        Your current driver is a bit old:
        Timestamp: Fri Jul 09 23:15:58 2010 (4C37918E)

Comment

OK I went to NVIDIA site and had the site scan for the latest driver. It said that I have the latest drivers installed. The date on latest driver was July 19/10 but when I look in the device manager display adapter it shows that the installed driver is July 9th.

Not sure what to do.

Comment

Try that driver:

Comment

That's the driver that I downloaded but have not installed. Should I un-install the current driver then install the new one?

Comment

Normally just install without any uninstall.

Comment

I did the install and when I checked the device manager it shows the same driver and version as before. Dated July 9th ver 8.17.12.5896.

Suggestions

Comment

Did you restart your computer???
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

It did it automatically, however there was an error message about a non responsive program. It closed this program and then rebooted.

I just installed the driver again. This time I disabled my anti virus program. The end result was the same. No error messages, but when I look at the device manager it still shows the July 9th driver.

Comment

Then that specific driver didn't get update it seems. That means you have to bug NVIDIA.

Comment

what do you bug nvidia? Do you mean contact there tech support.

Comment

Yes, that means it.

Comment

So I did live chat with NVIDIA tech support. They said that ver 8.17.12.5896 was the latest driver. He had me download and install a new beta driver. Once installed and system rebooted all I had was a blue screen. I had to run in safe mode to contact him again. He told me to un-install the beta driver. Things returned to normal. He then had me download an older driver from June. I played the ISO file and the freezing almost stopped. I'm thinking that it have been caused during the original full copy of the movie. I'm going to try again and see what happens.

FYI the store where I purchase the system is going to upgrade my video card to the Asus NVIDIA Geforce GTX 470 at no extra cost. That is going to happen on Wednesday. So I will try coping the movie again with the older driver to see what happens. I will let you know how things turn out when I get the new card.

Thanks again for everyones help. You guys are great.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X