Issues with new releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycoppia View Post
    The uncompressed BD50 clones of these discs seem to play back fine from the hard drive. It's when they are processed to BD25 or BD9 when the problems show up.
    Instead of doing a BD50 clone to hard drive do Full Disc to hard drive. Then compress that as that is how I do mine when I test my Blu-rays as I get them before release day and I have not seen these problems on my rips

Comment

Clearly if all along people, including me, have made backup copies of many of their movies without going through a number of changes, and now with these new releases we’re having issues, and again it only seems to be with these new releases. It would seem to be an issue that needs to be thoroughly looked into.

Comment

I had no issues with both of these titles with version 8.0.2.2, but I have an nvidia geforce gtx 260 so I'm able to use CUDA.
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
          I had no issues with both of these titles with version 8.0.2.2, but I have an nvidia geforce gtx 260 so I'm able to use CUDA.
          Did you compress and burn it? I also tried it on my 2nd computer with has Cuda, GT 220, but both computer whether DXVX, Cuda or software resulted with the same issues in the same spots of the film. I'm still burning other movies without a problem. It's seems to be just these few new movies that have this issue.

Two different computers both Intel quads, each 8 gb ram, each with 2 internal 500 gb 7200 rpm drives and LG burners, same issue after compressing to BD25 and only on these few blu-rays.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Instead of doing a BD50 clone to hard drive do Full Disc to hard drive. Then compress that as that is how I do mine when I test my Blu-rays as I get them before release day and I have not seen these problems on my rips
            I tried full disc to hard drive instead of clone, then compressed to BD25 same issues, same spots two different computers.

Comment

Full disc to the hard drive plays back fine. The processing to BD25 with the newer versions cause the jitters. This is for movie only. Older versions work fine. This has been reported by a lot of people, so there is definitely an issue with newer releases and the new versions of Dvdfab.
              Last edited by bmiller; 10-05-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                Full disc to the hard drive plays back fine. The processing to BD25 with the newer versions cause the jitters. This is for movie only. Older versions work fine. This has been reported by a lot of people, so there is definitely an issue with newer releases and the new versions of Dvdfab.
                Yes indeed definitely an issue with newer releases and the new versions of Dvdfab

Comment

Happy to report no apparent problems backing up my purchased copies of this week’s new releases. As it stands now the issues are with Iron Man 2, Robin Hood and Get him to the Greek.

Comment

Working...
                  X