X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem: PS3 will not play BD-R that plays fine on PC

Hey Guys,

I´ve got the following problem:

1. I ripped the Movie "Wanted" in FullDisc Mode to my HDD. This worked like a charm.
    2. I created an ISO, mounted the ISO and played it with PowerDVD. Works great, no problems.
    3. I chose the Folder of the FullDisc Rip as Source and chose MainMovie in DVDFab to get only the MainMovie. Worked perfectly.
    4. I created an ISO of the MainMovie Folders , mounted and played the ISO with PowerDVD. Worked great, no problems.

5. I used my LG BH10LS30 and the BD-R that came with it (Verbatim 4x) to burn the MainMovie Folders (BDMV, Certificate) with Nero.
    6. In Nero, I chose "BluRay Disc (UDF) as Template. I dragged the 2 Folders in the "New Disc" Window and dropped them.

-Problems begin-

7. Nero only offers 1x Speed, no more, although the Writer is 10x and the BD-R is 4x, so 4x should be possible. Either way, I expect no answer on that matter since this seems to be a Nero problem.
    8. Nero burned fine, about 1 hour. It finalized the disc.
    9. I used PowerDVD to play the freshly burned disc in the Writer and it played just great. MainMovie only as epected.

-MainProblem-

10. Then I took the Disc and put it into my PS3 and tried to play.
    11. PS3 told me that it "Can´t play this video"

Do you have any idea that´s wrong with the Disc?

Is it because of the Template I chose in Nero (UDF)?
    If it is, I can choose "manual settings" and change the UDF from 1.02 to 2.50 e.g., will that help?

What is the best way to burn the ripped folders to a BD-R that is playable in all / most stand-alone players?
    Is the PS3 more difficult to satisfy than other stand-alone players?

Thanks for your help.

Voider

2.50 is required to play avchd or BD content on a BD player

Comment

Ok, I´ll try that...

Basically there is no special thing to do except choose UDF 2.50?

Voider

Comment

Try using Imgburn.

I find it superior and easier to use than Nero.

But as was mentioned, you need UDF 2.50 (both Certificate & BDMV folders)

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help... I´ll try immediately when my order of BD-Rs arrive.

Voider

Comment

Working...
          X