Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Iron Man II to ISO

Hi all,

Fangtao wanted someone to try coping Iron Man II by cloning the disc.

All this was done using ver 8.0.2.2
    I did a full disc clone to ISO on my HD.
    Then I did a full disc compression from 50 -25GB ISO.
    I played back the converted ISO file using virtual drive and PowerDVD 10.
    No luck, right at the start of the movie it started to jitter.

Now I'm trying ver 7.0.9.0 to compress the 8.0.2.2 clone ISO file. I'm not sure why but it is reporting 5 hours to compress the disc. I'm wondering if this is happening because right now I have ver 6,7 and 8 installed.

To the best of your knowledge is it OK to have that many versions installed?

Originally posted by sandman49 View Post
    To the best of your knowledge is it OK to have that many versions installed?
    Yes , it is OK to have more than 1 version installed.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

7.0.9.0 wont work tried it already, yep i did the same thing ,software needs a update
      Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
      OCZ 2 gig memery
      nvidia 9800gtx+
      Windows 7 ultimate
      >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

OK I'm going to ask if you think it's OK to burn a disc. I don't want to make another coaster.

So this time I used the full disc cloned ISO file from ver 8.0.2.2. Then I did a full disc 50 to 25GB compression using ver 7.0.9.0. It took 2 1/2 hours to complete.

I just played back part of the movie using DVDFab virtual drive and PowerDVD 10 and there were no issues. I went to some of the scenes that others had said jitters but I did not find any.

Also I used ImgBurn for all the ISO file creations.

So I'm wondering if it is safe to burn the ISO file to blank disc now? Maybe some of you can tell me about other scenes that they observed jitter. If I find that they are OK I think it would be safe to burn the disc.

Thanks for the help and I hope what I have listed here has helped others.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman49 View Post
          OK I'm going to ask if you think it's OK to burn a disc. I don't want to make another coaster.

So this time I used the full disc cloned ISO file from ver 8.0.2.2. Then I did a full disc 50 to 25GB compression using ver 7.0.9.0. It took 2 1/2 hours to complete.

I just played back part of the movie using DVDFab virtual drive and PowerDVD 10 and there were no issues. I went to some of the scenes that others had said jitters but I did not find any.

Also I used ImgBurn for all the ISO file creations.

So I'm wondering if it is safe to burn the ISO file to blank disc now? Maybe some of you can tell me about other scenes that they observed jitter. If I find that they are OK I think it would be safe to burn the disc.

Thanks for the help and I hope what I have listed here has helped others.
          I would not burn anymore of that movie. I went through 4 blu-rays trying to use DVDFab to clone Repo Men properly, and I was having the exact same issues you had, and did the exact same things you did to try to rectify it. I finally simply used IMGBurn, and another piece of free software, shrink the 41 gig iso and then burn it.

Comment

Pick up a BD-RE(rewritable) blank disc then you can use that to test a burn and playback to see if it worked. If it worked then use a permanent blank

Comment

So it looks like there are issues with compressing Blu-Ray with 8.0.2.2. Not really a good situation when you can confirm that the software works properly with a much earlier version.

Hopefully these issues can be fixed for everyone soon!

Comment

Working...
              X