Copy Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Speed

I just finished copying Karate Kid blu ray. I first did a 50gb main move to iso.
    Then when I went to compress to 25gb it took about 6hours. Can you tell me if there is something I can do to my computer to increase the speed. I am not very well versed in computers but this is what mine has...

AMD Anthlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00GHz
    2.0 GB memory
    32-bit operating system

Thanks.

happy to hear dvdfab working for you.
    want speed #1 is CPU upgrade, #2 a CUDA video card.
    It use to take me 5 hours with C2D 2.13 and Geforce 7500SE.
    With upgrades now 1-1/2 hours avg to compress to BD25.

Good luck.
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Well, yeah that's normal. Don't forget you work with h.264 and 43 GB of data!!!

Comment

Speed Issue

Hi, Wilbur,

1. For your problems, please open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA" to see the result.

2. You also can update your firmwares(CPU or GPU as Ernielee suggested), then open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as DXVA/CUDA and set video encoder as software+CUDA, then copy again to see the result.

3. Last but certainly not least, when you copy and burn movie DVDs/BDs with DVDFab, please disable all the other background tasks in your windows task manager. Multitasking is therefore a pain while copying or burning.

Comment

Working...
        X