DVDFab doesn't recognize my blank Verbatim media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab doesn't recognize my blank Verbatim media

I'm trying to copy Black Hawk Down and I put my setting to compress at 25GB. For some reason after the compressing, it says insert blank disc and the Pioneer BDR-250BKS just ejects my disk and says insert another disc. What's the deal?

I am having just the same problem using BD-R 25 Gb disks.
    "media inserted in Drive F: is not a blu-ray disk"

Comment

verbatim lth

fyi I use the verbatim lth bd r 25. After inserting blank disk my lg internal bd drive won't recognize on first try but after 2 and rarely 3 times it does. I do know that some (and panasonic may be one of them) won't recognize these disks but in my case after a couple trys it will.
      BusterVegas

Comment

Mine is in fact Panasonic.
        I have tried with half a dozen disks, many times, and no luck, but Windows 7 does recognize the disk on the first try everytime

Comment

If not using ImgBurn as your burn engine please install it , it is "Free" and you will find it here along with a tutorial on how to set it up
          You can also try going into device manager and uninstalling you BD drive and restart your computer and let Windows reinstall the drivers to see if your drive is now recognizing your disc.
          Are your drive firmware's up to date???
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 10-12-2010, 11:55 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Will post back. Followed all the instructions.

Comment

I don't think unistall/install will help me (maybe I'm wrong) but Windows do recognize the disk and offers me the option to use it as a CD/DVD or as an USB drive, so I don't think the drivers are causing the problem.
              I did setup ImgBurn but no luck either.

Comment

I just ended the process. It's taking way to long. Back to DVDs!

Comment

Hi FastMhz,

Nowadays, there are many drive/media compatibility problems, and our suggestion is that you should try using a different brand/format media, check your Blu-ray writer manufacturers site for a list of recommended media to use and also check if there are any firmware updates available for your Writer.

Another great website for compatibility information:

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by FastMhz View Post
                    I'm trying to copy Black Hawk Down and I put my setting to compress at 25GB. For some reason after the compressing, it says insert blank disc and the Pioneer BDR-250BKS just ejects my disk and says insert another disc. What's the deal?
                    I have that pioneer drive as well. i use the verbatim LTH's and they work fine.
                    Check out this compatibility list for verbatim. It mentions the pioneer 205 as being compatible.
                    http://www.verbatim.com/userfiles/fi...patibility.pdf
                    Also, as soon as i hooked up my drive, i went to the pioneer website to upgrade to the latest firmware.
                    Last edited by btufail; 10-13-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X