Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray Copy hard locking computer

Hello,
    I've ran into a problem trying to copy the blu ray "Futurama: Bender's Game". When I open the HD decrypter and it begins to scan the disc, everything locks up on the computer, including the mouse. I haven't had this problem with the few other blu ray discs I have. (even the fairly new Avatar works) I have to end up killing the computer by holding the power button. I'm running Windows Vista 64 currently. I'm not real sure what to try, I've updated my video card software to the latest version, but that didn't do the trick. If there's anything else I can try to get this disc to not freeze the computer, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ok lets see, what version of DVDFab are you running? Did you try updating to the newest version 8.0.2.4? Also, is a crash dump generated when this happens? What are your comp specs? What vid card, cpu, etc? If there's no crash dump, you could probably check out what happens in the event viewer.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

if no logs are available and the computer totally locks up and freezes, make sure you have adequate cooling (for you CPU and chipset and video card). Don't forget that when compressing, the CPU runs pegged for a long time. That generates heat. Just a thought.

Comment

Hi youareme7,

Please install DVDFab Passkey at http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8348
        to decrypt this DVD (blu ray "Futurama: Bender's Game") again to see the result. Hope this helps.

When you copy/burn DVDs with DVDFab, please disable all the other background tasks in your windows task manager.

Kind regards,
        sunny
        ________
        Birth Control Forums
        Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny
          When you copy/burn DVDs with DVDFab, please disable all the other background tasks in your windows task manager.

Kind regards,
          sunny
          go to start type in MSCONFIG and you'll see what programs are running uncheck things like adobe, and program update manager, ect... =p
          Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
          OCZ 2 gig memery
          nvidia 9800gtx+
          Windows 7 ultimate
          >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

Working...
          X