Newbie having problem with chapter selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie having problem with chapter selection

I am trying to do a manual split of the Blu_Ray "Avitar". When trying to select the second set of chapters (19 to 36) Dvdfab reverts to full (41.8GB) copy.

I tried to play with different from-to selections and all seems to work until the to chapter is 35 or 36!! At that point it revert to full copy.

I am a newbie and I am probably doing something incorrect. Please help.

I read something about this here recently, but I've never tried it.
    As I recall, you can only accomplish this in Main Movie mode as the Title Start/End Settings function is displayed in this mode only.

As you know, there is no BD split function yet, but I understand it's on the to-do list.

I'll plug in my copy of Avatar and see if I can reproduce this
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes, that is what I was trying to do. On most selections the resulting size looked proper until chapter 35 or 36 was involved.

Comment

Ok, just tried it with 8024 beta and the files were ripped correctly , ie., chapters 19-36 with a playtime of 1:21:12.
        However, Fab did not display the info correctly when setting up and ripping.

The file size was displayed incorrectly...it showed a file size of 39+ GB (chapters 19-36) when in actuality it is really 18.1 GB...
        The progress bar slowed to a crawl or worse, and displayed an increasingly longer (and incorrect) rip time.
        Oddly enough, the displayed rip speed seem to reflect about what you'd expect during normal operation.

But...it worked. Rip time was just under 30 minutes and the files are intact and play flawlessly

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you very much. That was it. I was looking at the resultant file size and was shaky about going any farther.
          Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome.
            Strange behavior, but glad to hear that your files are being ripped correctly.

Comment

Hi, joe12135,

1. Sorry to say that DVDFab Blu-ray Copy currently does not have "Split" option as DVDFab DVD Copy does. But we have taken this into our consideration, and may add it in the future. Please understand this may need a period of time.

2. On the output size issue:

1). Choose BD25 1080p, DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit one BD25 disc;
              2). Choose BD50, DVDFab will make a copy with no compression and burn to double/dual layer blank BD50 disc.

3. As to the ripping speed, if you are really experiencing a long journey, you probably can try the following means to see if you can speedup:

1). Open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA";

2). Still at Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as DXVA/CUDA and set video encoder as software+CUDA, then copy/burn;

3). When you copy and burn movie BDs/DVDs with DVDFab, do not hesitate to disable all the other background tasks in your windows task manager. Multitasking is therefore a pain while you copy or burn.

Comment

Working...
              X