Decoding and Encoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decoding and Encoding

For best results, should I set everything to software? I do have a cuda enabled video card. Can I set video encoding to software+cuda? Is the a general rule to follow?

depends on your pc. i have a hexcore so i use sfotware+ cuda. on my quadcore i used cuda on all 3 settings

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
      depends on your pc. i have a hexcore so i use sfotware+ cuda. on my quadcore i used cuda on all 3 settings
      I just recently purchased a laptop with an i-7 720QM intel core processor with an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M. So would that suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by btufail View Post
        I just recently purchased a laptop with an i-7 720QM intel core processor with an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M. So would that suffice?
        Yes, it's a gorgeous machine. However, your question isn't that simple as it looks, so is answer. Settings in A/V Setting or combination of settings is a hit-or-miss game. It depends on how source were coded, what profile you are using and what output settings you have selected. You have to try and experiment every time. Some say it's a pain, some like the challenge. If you don't care and want make ripping process effortless, set everything in A/V Settings to "software", sit back and enjoy "slowly, but surely" ride. If you want to get good and fast, you have to experiment a bit. Take your source, open with MediaInfo and BDInfo, look at the reports, note what codecs, settings and libraries were used to master this content, try different CUDA/DXVA/Software combinations in A/V Settings and see which one produced best result - video quality, speed, A/V sync - and write it down.(you can try only small samples, one chapter or so)
        Next time, when you will come across similar content, use these settings and you will be OK.
        Let us know if you need more detailed explanation.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

software+cuda encoding

Originally posted by btufail View Post
          For best results, should I set everything to software? I do have a cuda enabled video card. Can I set video encoding to software+cuda? Is the a general rule to follow?
          Hi Btufail,

Please visit http://www.dvdfab.com/manual/settings/av-codec to get more information about software+cuda encoding.

Comment

Working...
          X